For those who care to know, today we’ll be revealing to you, all the best android tips and tricks that you can try on your new Infinix S5 smartphone.
But before we begin, I’ll like you to know that for those people who have used quite a handful of these recent Infinix smartphones, probably the ones that were launched in this year, and they’re already used to XOS 5 Cheetah.
These android tips and tricks for the Infinix S5 smartphone might sound like a repetition of all the tips and tricks that we’ve been writing so far for all other Infinix smartphones, such as the Infinix S4, the Infinix Hot 8 and the Note 6.
So like i said, for those who are already use to Infinix XOS 5 Cheetah, and you already know how to get your ways around any recent Infinix phone, then i might be forced to say that this article is not meant for you, except maybe you’re looking for a solution to a particular problem that you encountered while making use of your phone.
But for those who are completely new to Infinix smartphones and XOS as a whole. Maybe probably this is your first Infinix smartphone that you ever owned (the Infinix S5).
And you’d probably want to make use of the phone to its fullest capabilities, then make sure to read this article to the end. Trust me, you’re not gonna regret doing so.
So without further ado, here are all the basic and advanced android tips and tricks, that you can try out on your new Infinix S5 smartphone..#Enjoy
• Best hole punch inspired wallpapers for your Infinix S5 & Tecno Camon 12 Air smartphones.
• How to setup a custom-made hole punch inspired LED notifications system on the Infinix S5 & Tecno Camon 12 Air smartphones.
But wait.. before we begin, now if for any reason, you haven’t read our review of the Infinix S5 smartphone itself, well i don’t know what to say to you, but you better treat yourself to some good article, and you can do so, by following the link below..
Infinix S5 Android Tips and Tricks (2019)
Click any of the list items below to jump to section.
- How to increase the phone’s overall speed, by reducing animations.
- How to increase the Fingerprint’s reader speed and accuracy.
- How to activate “AI Power saving mode“.
- New way to hide apps on the Infinix S5 smart phone.
- How to setup App Freezer on the Infinix S5.
- How to setup “Parental Controls” on the Infinix S5, by making use of Google’s Family Link app from Digital Well-being.
- How to make use of the “Google Lens” camera app.
- How to make use of the “Scan to recharge” feature, by making use of the “Recharge King” app.
- How to enable and setup “Smart Panel” on the Infinix S5.
- How to setup “Intelligent Voice Broadcast“.
- Infinix S5 Gesture Tips and Tricks.
- How to enable, customize and disable android pie’s navigation gesture on the Infinix S5.
- How to enable “Screen-off” music gestures.
- How to enable “Lift to wake screen” gesture.
- How to setup and make use of incoming calls “receive & reject” gestures.
- How to enable and customize XOS Launcher home-screen gestures.
- Infinix S5 Basic/common Tips and tricks.
- How to setup “Eye Care” and “Read mode” on the Infinix S5.
- How to hide and un-hide the notch (Punch hole camera).
- How to enable “WhatsApp mode“.
- How to enable “Bike mode“.
- How to turn and off both front and back flashlights at once.
- How to enable Multi-screen mode.
- How to enable and make use of One-handed mode.
- How to display network data speed on status bar for the Infinix S5
How to increase the phone’s overall speed, by reducing it’s animations.
We already talked about this trick on the Infinix Hot 8 android tips and tricks, and the thing is…
There is actually a way that you can make the Infinix S5 to feel a lot more faster like it is making use of a 90Hz display, by just changing a few settings in the developers menu options. And how do you go about it? Simple..
- First of all, we’ll have to activate “Developer options” for the phone first, because I’m pretty sure that it is not activated by default. And to do that, you’ll have to..
- Go to your phone’s main settings menu and head all the way down to “About Phones“.
- A page will be opened where you can see all the details about your smartphone. From there, locate the option that says “Build Number“.
- Tap on it repeatedly for at least 6 – 7 times, until you see a pop-up on the screen that reads “You are now a developer“
- Now go back to your phone’s main settings menu once again, scroll all the way down, and you should see that a new option has been added to the list of options that were there before. And the new option says “Developer Options“.
- Hurray..!!.. You have successfully activated Developer options for your Infinix S5. Now let’s see how we can make use of it, to make our smart phone a whole lot faster.
- Now go into the developer options, and make sure you turn it on first of all. To do that, you should see a toggle button hanging around at the top right hand corner of your phone’s screen. Tap on it and follow the next couple of steps below.
- Now scroll all the way down, until you see a list of three options that says “Window animation scale“, “Transition animation scale” and “Animation duration scale“.
- Click on each three one after the other, and change their default values (1.5x), to just “.5x“.
- After doing that for the three of them, you can try switching from pages to pages, opening and closing your app drawer, and do whatever thing you usually do on the smartphone, and you should notice that the phone feels a whole lot faster and responsive. #Cheers.
How to increase the Infinix S5 Fingerprint Reader speed and accuracy
Now having a phone with a fingerprint reader is one thing, but having a phone with a fast to unlock fingerprint reader, is another thing.
And although the Infinix S5 fingerprint reader is already quite fast, but today we’re gonna show you how to make it even more faster, and a lot more accurate, whenever you try to unlock your phone.
And here’s the simple thing you just have to do..
Register the same finger, multiple times, preferably two to three times.
Surprised? Yes i guessed you’ll be.
So, registering a single finger multiple times, gives the phone or the fingerprint reader rather, a second opportunity to capture all the ridges, edges and corners of your finger, that it wasn’t able to capture, during the first registration.
Here’s the thing. Let’s say for the first registration, you can focus on capturing, mainly the flat surface of your finger, and then on the second one, you can place your focus on the edges and corners of your finger.
So with that, your fingerprint reader should feel a whole lot faster, and should be able to unlock your phone, no matter what part of your finger is touching the reader, even if it is just the tip.
How to activate “AI Power Saving” mode on the Infinix S5
Again there’s no doubt that the 4000mAh battery that is found on most Infinix phones nowadays, is pretty living up to its worth.
But for those who still wants to get the most out the already long lasting power cell, here’s a simple trick that you can try. Activate AI power saving mode.
And to do that, here’s what you should do..
- Go to your phone’s main settings menu, scroll all the way down until you see an option that is labelled as “Battery Lab“.
- Click on the option and it should launch you straight into the battery lab settings menu.
- Locate the option that says “AI Smart Power Saving“, click on it, turn on the toggle button to activate it, and you’re done.
As from now onward, you should see a slight change in the way your phone uses battery.
A new way to hide apps on the Infinix S5, without Xhide
Now for one reason that is best known to Infinix, and I’m pretty sure that for whatever reason that it is, it is definitely not a good one.
So these guys decided to remove Xhide from their newer smartphones, started with the Infinix S4 which was the first phone to launch with their new XOS 5.0 Cheetah out of the box.
At that time, we thought it was a mistake, and maybe they’re probably gonna fix it with a software update, and then other coming Infinix phones will come with it pre-installed, out of the box.
But it seemed that our thinking was wrong, or maybe we weren’t just thinking the way they were thinking.
So fast forward to the launch of the Infinix Note 6, we checked and we couldn’t still find Xhide.
The Infinix Smart 3 Plus came as well, and Xhide couldn’t be found. Same on the Hot 8, and right now we still can’t find it on this present S5.
So what does that insinuate? that Xhide is gone, and it is gone for good.
And in case you’re here, and you don’t know what this Xhide of a thing is all about, well maybe you’ve been living under a very small and an extremely tight rock.
But in order to get you out of that rock that you’ve been living in, you can follow the link below, to see everything you need to know about Infinix Xhide.
So even if Xhide is gone, there’s still a new way provided that we can make use of, in hiding our stuffs (apps only), on the Infinix S5 smartphone.
And here’s how to go about it..
- Go to your phone’s home screen for XOS Launcher, and long press on any empty space.
- Some options will be shown to you at the bottom side of the display. From the options, select the one that says “Hide app“.
- While in there, you should see a “+” button which when tap, opens up a list of all your installed apps on the phone.
- Select the ones you wish to hide, and press your back button, and that’s it. The selected apps will be automatically removed from your phones app drawer.
- And the have access to those hidden apps, follow the same steps above, open the “Hide app” menu, your list of currently hidden apps will be shown to you.
- Tap on any one you wish to make use of to open it, and that’s it… #Cheers…
How to setup “App Freezer” on the Infinix S5
The Infinix app freezer has always been there on all Infinix smart phones starting from the days of Infinix XOS 3.0 Chameleon UI,…
And you can’t argue the fact that this feature has been more useful than not, especially for those phones with very little RAM size.
And in case you’re here and you haven’t seen our article where we talked about the Infinix app freezer Indepth, then you’re doing yourself more harm than ice.
Anyways, you can look it up right away by following the link below..
So to get app freezer up and running on the Infinix S5, here’s what you need to do.
- First of all, you need to confirm that the app freezer app icon can be found on your XOS Launcher home screen. All you have to do is..
- Long press on any empty space on your home screen, and from the options that will be shown to you, go to the one that says “Launcher Settings“.
- From XOS Launcher main menu settings page, scroll all the way down until you see an option that says “Other settings“.
- Tap on it, and you’ll be taken to a new page where you’ll see a list of options with toggle buttons in front of them.
- Locate the one that says “Freezer“, and if the toggle button isn’t turn on by default, you should turn it on right now, and then go back to your phone’s home screen, and you should see that the “freezer” app icon has been added to it. #Cheers.
- Now to freeze apps, all you have to do is..
- tap on the freezer app icon.
- There is a “+” button that when pressed, should take you to a new page where you can select all the apps you wish to freeze.
- So select as many as you will like, press the okay button, and you’re all good.
How to setup Parental Controls on the Infinix S5, by making use of Google’s Digital Well-being feature.
So the Google’s Family Link app has been around since last year’s September i guess, and although not a lot of people knew about it then, and it used to be a standalone app that can be downloaded from the Play Store for those who wants to make use of it.
But with the launch of Android Pie, Google has made it a native feature of android, and can be accessed through the Digital Well-being settings section.
So for those who don’t know, the Family Link app is just a simple android app, that a parent can use to monitor, restrict and approve activities on his/her child’s or children’s devices, or even know their child’s location in real time.
It lets a parent carry out activities such as approving and disapproving app downloads from Google Play Store on his/her child’s device, keep an eye on how much time the child is spending on his or her device, know what apps they use most and how much time they spend on each app, set daily screen time limit and bedtime, remotely lock the child’s device, and so much more.
So if monitoring your child’s activity is paramount to you, and you have an Infinix S5 smart phone, here’s what you should do..
- Go to your phone’s main setting menu, and go all the way down, until you see an option that is labelled as “Digital Well being and parental controls“. Tap on it to open it.
- While in there, swipe all the way down once again, until you see an option that is labelled as “Parental Controls“, and tap it to begin the setup.
- Now setting up parental control is a pretty long process, and trying to cover everything here step by step, will make this article unimaginably long and boring. So instead, we will be referring you to this standalone article, where you’ll see all the steps that you need to follow, while setting up parental controls on both your device, and your child’s device.
How to make use of “Google Lens” camera app, on the Infinix S5
So just like the Family Link app that we just talked about, the Google Lens app has been around since August of last year, and it is even now, a native feature of android, through the Google Photos app.
So what does it do? Simple. It let’s you carry out certain activities in real time, by making use of your phone’s camera lens.
Activities such as automatic text translations, identifying objects, plants and animals, barcode scanning, checking the price of clothes, shoes, and even electronics.
All you just have to do is, point your phone’s camera to whatever thing you’re seeing, and Google Lens will fetch the information you need.
Cool feature right?
Now here’s how to make use of it on your Infinix S5 smartphone.
- If you have already taken an image, or you have this image on your phone that you want to look up what it is on Google lens.
- Let’s say you have this image of an unusual plant, or an animal, or maybe you want to copy a text from an image. All you have to do is..
- Go to your phone’s app drawer and open the Google Photos app.
- Locate the image in question and tap on it to open it.
- At the bottom part of your screen, your should see the Google Lens icon from the list of options shown to you.
- Tap on it, and it will automatically start trying to analyze the image to know what it is all about.
- If it was a plant image, it will try to identify the name of the plant, same thing it will do for animals.
- If the image contains lots of text, it will give you an option to copy those texts, or translate them.
- If it was something like maybe a clothe or shoe, it will tell you what brand of fashion it is and give you a link to shop for it.
- Another way you can make use of Google Lens, is directly through your phone’s camera app, and these are for live images that you’re currently seeing with two naked eyes.
- So let’s say you’re taking a way down the street and you saw this unusual particular breed of dog. What do you do?
- Oh just take your phone out from your pockets.
- Open the camera app, and then switch to Google Lens mode, point it at the dog, and the app will automatically fetch you all the basic Information about the dog.
- So you see, pretty cool and fun right?..Well #Cheers..
How to make use of the “Scan to recharge” feature, by making use of the “Recharge King” app.
The “Scan To Recharge” feature has been here already, a long time ago as a standalone app that can be downloaded from the Play store.
But only recently that it has been added as a native feature on Infinix smartphones, with the launch of XOS 4.0 Honeybee.
So what does it do?
It lets you to recharge airtime vouchers on your smartphones, without manually dialing the digits or figures by yourself.
But instead, you simply make use of your phone’s camera to scan the digits, and the corresponding airtime will be loaded to your phone’s network, in real time.
So how do we get it up and running on our Infinix S5 smartphone?
- Go to your phone’s app drawer, locate and open the “Recharge King” app.
- Once open, you will be presented with a camera view finder, so you can point your phone’s camera to the recharge card you’re holding and it will try to capture the figures written on the card.
- Once the figures have been successfully captured, it will request that you select the Sim card to which you want the recharge card to be loaded into. Once you do that, boom.. like magic, the airtime voucher will be automatically loaded into your phone. #Cheers..
And oh.. in case you want to learn more, or get more indepth about the recharge king android app, you can do so right now, by following the link given below..
How to enable and make use of “Smart Panel” on the Infinix S5
Smart panel is Infinix own take on Samsung’s Edge Panel, and what does it do?
It provides you a shortcut to carry out a handful of activities on your phone, such as opening apps while using another app, without having to switch back and forth your phone’s home screen and app drawer.
It also let’s you dial contacts on the go without opening your phone’s app, have access to some of your phone’s settings and so much more.
So how do you turn on Smart Panel and make good use of it on your Infinix S5 smartphone?
- Go to your phone’s main setting menu, locate and select the option that says “Smart Panel“.
- When selected, you should see a toggle button that when pressed, enables the Smart Panel feature.
- When the feature has been enabled, a pill shaped button will be added at either the right or left edge of your phone’s display, similar to that of Samsung’s Edge panel.
- You can drag the button to the center of your phone’s display, to open up Smart Panel, and from there, you get to choose what apps and features that should be included in it, or you can leave the default apps and features that has already been added for you.
- You can also choose to change the location of the button to whether the left or right edge of your display.
- So setup everything to your preference, and that’s all… #Cheers…
How to setup “Intelligent Voice Broadcast” on the Infinix S5
Intelligent voice broadcast is a new feature that we first saw with the launch of XOS 5.0 Cheetah.
And what does it do?
It simply tells you when you have a new notification or missed call.. something that sounds like this.. “you have one new message, from so.. so.. so & so”.
Personally i don’t see it as a feature that I’ll be using all the time, but for those who will, then here’s how to activate the Intelligent voice broadcast feature, on your Infinix S5 smartphone..
- Go to your phone’s main settings menu, and locate the option that is labelled as “Intelligent Voice Broadcast“. Tap on it to open it.
- You should see a toggle button at the top right hand side of devices display to activate it.
- Once activated, you can set preferences for what app notifications that should be read out to your hearing.
- After you’ve done that, you can go ahead and enjoy listening to your notifications read aloud to your hearing if that’s your thing though, because it’s definitely not my thing. I mean i don’t roll that way.
Infinix S5 Gesture Tips and Tricks
How to enable, customize and disable android pie’s navigation gesture on the Infinix S5.
Gesture navigation on android smartphones is no longer a new thing and Infinix is not sitting this one out, as they had done well to include it in all of their recent smartphones, including the S5.
So for those who like going about their daily activities on their smartphones, by making use of swipe gestures, here’s how to activate gesture navigation on your Infinix S5 smartphone..
- Go to your phone’s settings menu and locate the option that says “System Navigation“. Tap on it to open it.
- While in there, you will see three navigation method options that you can choose from. The first one is the good old android native button style navigation which is already activated by default, the second one is the pure gesture navigation, while the third is the Mixed navigation method.
- So select the one that suits you the most, and you’re good to go.
- In addition to that, you can as well select what position that you want your recent apps and back buttons to be.
- By default the recent apps button is on the left side of your screen, while the back button is on the right. But you can interchange this two, depending on how you were used to making use of them before.
- So that’s all about enabling and customizing navigation gestures on your Infinix S5 smart phone.. #Cheers…
How to enable “screen off” music gestures
Just as the name implies, screen off music gesture lets you control music playback on your phone, even when the display is turned off.
It lets you do stuffs like; play and pause music with upward and downward swipes respectively, while left and right swipes, lets you go to the previous and next tracks, respectively as well.
Alright, now here’s how to get it activated and working, on your Infinix S5 smartphone..
- Go to your phone’s main settings menu.
- Go to the option that says “Action and Gesture“.
- While in there, from the list of options shown to you, select the option that says “Music Gesture” and tap on the toggle button beside it to activate it, and you’re done.
- When next you’re playing a song using the phone’s default music player, you can perform any of those gestures i talked about above, and you should see how sweet, that it is. #Cheers…
How to enable “Lift to wake screen” gesture
We all know about the “Tap to wake” gesture where you get to double tap your phone’s screen to wake it up from sleep.
But how many of you know about the new “Lift to wake” gesture, although not new though, but new for Infinix smart phones.
So just as the name is pronounced, it automatically wakes the phone’s screen the moment you pick it up from a surface.
I can remember seeing this feature in action on the Apple’s iPhone 8 smartphone, and it was pretty cool then.
I mean it saves you the stress of always having to press the power button just to wake the screen of your smartphone.
So how do you get it activated on your Infinix S5 smartphone?
- Go to your phone’s main settings menu, and head down to the same “Action and Gesture” settings that we went to the last time.
- Now you should locate and turn on the toggle button for the option that says “Smart screen lighting“.
- Once done, next time your phone is lying on a surface with the display turned off, and you try picking it up from that surface, it automatically lights up.
How to setup and make use of incoming calls “receive & reject” gestures on the Infinix S5
Okay so this one is pretty new on the Infinix S5, and even XOS UI as a whole. And what does it do?
With this gesture turned on, you can simply do a two finger sign to receive calls on your phone, or do a wait gesture with your palm, to reject same call.
Personally i don’t see it as something that I’ll be using all the time, except for those times when i just want to wow my friends..
So how do we get it activated on the Infinix S5?
Same way we got others activated as well..
- Simply go back to your phone’s main settings menu and locate the same “Action and Gesture” settings.
- From the list of options shown to you, select the one that says “Answer with gesture”, and turn on the toggle button to activate it.
- After you’ve done that, the next time you get an incoming call on your phone, simply raise two fingers up to answer the phone, or do a wait sign, to reject it.. #Cheers..
How to enable and customize XOS Launcher home-screen gestures, for the Infinix S5
Now in case you don’t know, the XOS Launcher that comes with the Infinix S5 smartphone, as a lot going on in it.
Stuffs like “Swipe up to open app drawer, swipe down to pull down notifications panel, pinch in to do this, pinch out to do that” and so much more.
And to access this plethora of gestures, here’s what you should do.
- On the home screen of your smartphone, which is the XOS Launcher’s home screen (doesn’t work with custom launchers).
- Long press on an empty space, and select the option that says “Menu”.
- Go to “Gesture settings“, and from there, you can set what each gesture does.
- Since the Infinix S5 has a pretty large display, and reaching all the up with one hand just to bring down the notifications tray might be a very daunting task, you can make use of the swipe down gesture to do that for you instead.
Infinix S5 Basic/common Android Tips and tricks.
How to turn on and off dark mode
- Pull down your notifications tray and go to the quick setting toggles.
- Scroll the grid of icons and locate the one that says “Dark Mode“.
- Tap on it and your phone’s display should immediately become dark.
CHECK THIS OUT – How to turn on dark mode on any Infinix phone.
How to turn on and off “Eye Care” and “Read Mode”.
Eye care and Read mode are basically the same thing, that is, they are both used to make colors on your display to become warmer, so that it becomes easy on the eyes, especially while using your smart phone at night.
The only difference is that, eye care does not have settings to be used only on specific apps.
But Read mode can be set to be activated only when you open some specific apps.
Like you can set it to be activated only when you open maybe Facebook, Twitter, or any other app that suits you.
So to enable eye care, here’s what you should do.
- Pull down your notifications tray and pull it down once again to go to your quick setting toggles.
- Locate the icon that says “Eye Care“, tap on it and you’re done.
- Colors on your phone display, especially whites, should immediately have this warm hue to them.
- You can further set schedule times for Eye Care mode to be activated, when you go into “Display settings”, and go to “Eye Care”.
While for read mode, here’s what you should do.
- Go to your phone’s main settings menu, and go to display settings.
- Locate the option that says “Read mode“, and tap on it.
- While in there, you can just activate it straight away, or you go ahead to select what apps you only want it to be activated in.
How to hide and un-hide the notch on the Infinix S5.
- Go to the phone’s settings menu, and head over to display settings.
- Locate the option that says “Notch area display“, and tap it to open.
- From there, you can select whether to leave the notch the way it was before, or you can just go ahead and hide it.
How to enable WhatsApp mode and Bike Mode
- Pull down your phone’s notification drawer two times to go into the quick setting toggles.
- From there, locate whether the “WhatsApp mode” or “Bike Mode” icons, and you’re good to go.
How to turn on and off both front and back flashlights at once.
- Pull down your notifications drawer two times, to reveal the quick setting toggles.
- Locate the “Flashlight” icon and long press on it.
- You’ll be given three options. The first one is to turn on the rear flash, the second one is to turn on both flash at once, while the third one is to turn on the front flash alone.
- So select the one that suits you best, and that’s all.
How to enable Multi screen mode on the Infinix S5.
- While making use of app, press the recent apps button to show you the list of your running apps.
- On the little icon that sits at the top of each card, tap it, and from the options that are shown to you, select split screen mode.
- You will be prompted to select a second app that will take the other screen space below.
- So just do that real quick, and you’re done.
How to make use One-handed mode on the Infinix S5.
- Pull down your notifications drawer twice to reveal your quick setting toggles.
- Locate the icon that says “One-handed mode“.
- Tap on it, and the contents on your display will be shrink to corner of your screen.
How to display your network data speed on the status bar of your Infinix S5 smartphone
- Go to your phone’s main settings menu, and locate the option that says “Status bar network speed display”.
- You should see a toggle button beside it, turn it on and that’s all.
Alright guys, so that’s all for the Infinix S5 android tips and tricks. Do let us know if we missed anything by dropping your comments in the comments section below, don’t forget to share this article, and subscribe to our newsletter if you haven’t done so already.. #Cheers..
• How to lock apps on new Infinix phones running XOS 5 Cheetah UI and above.
• Everything you need to know the new Phone Master app that comes with new Infinix smartphones running XOS 5 Cheetah and above.
• Infinix Hot 8 android tips and tricks
• Infinix S4 android tips and tricks
• Infinix Note 5 & Note 5 Stylus android tips and tricks
• Tecno Phantom 9 android tips and tricks