For those who love playing hide and seek, there are actually two different ways that you can hide your apps, and even files right now, if you’re making use of the newer Infinix smartphones running on XOS 5.0 Cheetah and above UI.
The first one is more like a conventional way of hiding apps on every other smartphone, using a secret hidden folder, and in this case, it can only be used to hide just apps.
While the second one, which happens to be our good old Xhide, is a lot more secured than the first method, but this time, it can only be used to hide files such as MP3, Video files, and your photos.
So if you’re not too busy, join us today as we reveal to you, the two best ways of hiding apps and files on your new Infinix smartphone running on XOS 5.0 Cheetah and above, without having to download a separate third party app.. #Enjoy
Oh wait.. before we continue, in case you don’t know what Xhide is all about, and you’re probably wondering what it is used for, you can follow this link right now, to see everything you need to know about it, how it works, and what it is used for.. #Cheers
Now let’s continue..
How to hide apps on Infinix phones runing XOS 5 Cheetah & above (Infinix S4, S5, Note 6, Hot 8, Smart 3 Plus, Smart 4, etc).
So this is a pretty simple exercise, and there are no much steps required..
All you have do, is just..
- Make sure you’re using XOS launcher as your default launcher on your phone, and you’re as well running it on it’s latest version.
- For those who are yet to update to the latest version, you can go to Google Play Store, type “XOS Launcher” into the search bar, and do the needful.
- Go to XOS Launcher homescreen, and long press on any empty space, till the menu options are shown to you.
- from there, locate the one that says “Hide App” and tap on it to open it.
- You will be required to select the apps that you wish to be hidden from your phone’s app drawer.
- When you’re done selecting, just tap on the back button that is located at the top left corner of your phone’s screen, and you’re done.
Now one of the biggest disadvantage of this new app hider feature from Infinix, is that it doesn’t require maybe a PIN, Password, Fingerprint or Face Unlock before you could access the Hide apps folder.
Which means anyone can pick up your phone, and still have access to your hidden apps, but that is only if they know their way around the new Infinix XOS UI, and i bet a lot of people already know how to do that..
So what was the need of hiding those apps in the first place?
But anyways, that is just what it is, that’s the new method of hiding your apps on newer Infinix smartphones that are running on XOS 5.0 Cheetah UI and above.
Now to the second method which is only used for hiding files such as MP3, video files and photos, more secured than the first method above, and requires the Xhide feature.
How to hide files using Xhide, on Infinix smartphones running XOS 5 Cheetah UI and above
- So as always, first step is making sure that your phone is running on the latest version of Infinix XOS UI, you can follow Steps 1 & 2 from the first method, in order to update yours.
- After you’ve done that, you should have probably noticed by now that there is a new default (pre-installed) app that came with your phone, called the “Phone Master” app. Make sure to update that one as well, in case you haven’t.
- Now with all the necessary apps updated, go ahead and fire up the phone master app.
- Have you done that? Okay great!. Now while inside the phone master’s app interface, at the bottom of your phone’s screen, you should see three individual options, labelled as “Home, Toolbox and Me” respectively.
- Select the one that says “Toolbox”, and scroll all the way down, until you see an option, labelled “XHide“.
- Click on it.
- When you do that, a new interface with three options, should be opened for you. The first one says “Pictures“, the second, “Videos“, and the last one is “Records“.
- So depending on the type of files you wish to hide, select the appropriate option according, and i guess that should be all.
So guys, that is how you hide apps and files, on your new Infinix smartphones running on the new XOS 5.0 Cheetah UI and above.
Do let us know what you think about these methods in the comments section below, don’t forget to share this article if you enjoyed reading it, and then also subscribe to our newsletter if you haven’t done so already, and as always, I’ll see you all tomorrow, #Peace Out..
• All you need to know about Infinix XHide – What it is, what it does, and how to set it up on any Infinix smartphone in just 2 mins.
• Everything you didn’t know about the Infinix App Freezer and its benefits.
• The Infinix XManager, and how you can use it to manage the activities on your Infinix smartphone.