If you’re making use of any of the newer Infinix smartphones that are running on XOS 5 Cheetah and above, today we’ll show you to how to lock apps on these smartphones, by making use of either a password, an unlock pattern, your fingerprints, or even making use of face unlock.
But first of all, let’s talk a little bit about app lock, to even know what it is all about.
What is app lock?
Just as the word sounds, it is a way of securing apps that are installed on your smartphone, from being tampered with by intruders.
Nowadays, a lot of smartphones come with this feature preinstalled on them, but formerly, in order to enjoy this feature, one would have to install a third-party app from Google Play Store, but anyways, thanks to our smartphones manufacturers who thought it wise to start including this as a default feature on our smartphones.
Infinix happens to be one of those few smartphone manufacturers that have had this feature on their smartphones, since the days of Infinix XOS 2.0 Chameleon.
But if you bought and you’re making use of any of these new Infinix smartphones running on the new XOS 5.0 Cheetah and above UI, you might probably be wondering where the XOS app lock feature has gone to.
Well, the thing is, it is still there, but this time, just hidden, and here’s how you can get to it.
How to lock apps on Infinix smartphones running XOS 5 Cheetah and above UI (Infinix S4, S5, Hot 8, Note 6, Smart 3 Plus, Smart 4, etc).
- Go to your phone’s app drawer and locate the app that says “Phone Master“. NOTE: Make sure it is currently running on its latest version. You can update the app by going to Google’s Play Store, and searching for the Phone Master app.
- Now that you’ve open the Phone Master app, and you’ve made sure it is currently running on its latest version, here’s the next thing to do.
- From the phone master’s app interface, you show see an option that says “App Lock“. Tap on it to open it.
- On opening it for the first time, you’ll be asked to draw and confirm an unlock pattern, and you’ll be asked to enter a security question and answer as well, in case you forget your unlock pattern.
- When you’ve done that, a new interface will be opened, where you’ll be asked to select the apps which you wish to be locked.
- So select the apps you want to lock, and that is all. When next you want to open any of those apps, you’ll be requested to either draw your pattern, or make use of your phone’s fingerprint reader. #Cheers..
- And in case you want to make use of face unlocking method for your locked apps, here’s what you should do..
- Go back to the app lock interface from the phone master app.
- You should see a vertical three-button key at the top right hand corner of your phone’s screen, tap on it to go to the app lock settings page.
- While in there, you should a handful of options that you can play around with as you wish, but since we came here for face unlock, select the one that says “Face Unlock app lock“.
- When you do that, when next you want to open any of your locked apps, you will required to either draw your unlock pattern, or make use of your fingerprint, or make use of face unlock.
Okay guys, so that’s all for today, concerning how to lock apps on your Infinix smartphones running XOS 5 Cheetah UI and above.
Help us to share this article if you enjoyed reading it, and as always, I’ll see you all tomorrow, #Peace Out…
◈ Phone Master App – Everything you need to know about Infinix new phone manager app, found on smartphones running XOS 5 Cheetah UI.
◈ Two new ways to hide apps on new Infinix smartphones running XOS 5 Cheetah UI and above.
◈ Infinix S4 tips and tricks.
◈ Infinix S5 tips and tricks.
◈ Infinix Hot 8 tips and tricks.