How to check MTN data balance, LOL..
You see personally, i never thought there would be a day when I’ll come across people asking this question, like “How do i check the remaining data balance on my MTN line?”.
Now i don’t mean to insult or mock anyone here, but the thing is, MTN happens to be one of the most used, and most popular network service provider in Africa, they have been around for such a long time now, that it has become a household name, so i never thought of anybody asking for how they could check their data balances on their MTN lines, on their smartphones.
But nevertheless, since you asked, what are we here for? to offer solutions to problems right? And that’s what we’re about doing right now.
So in that light, today we’ll be showing the three different and easy methods, which you can follow, in order to check your data balances on your MTN line, using your smartphones.
These three methods include;
- How to check your MTN data balance, using a USSD code.
- How to check your MTN data balance, using text message format.
- How to check your MTN data balance, and see all other infos regarding your MTN sim card, by making use of the MTN mobile app.
So without further ado, let’s get started.
How to check MTN data balance, using USSD code.
To check your MTN data balance using USSD code, here’s what you should do.
- On your android or iOS smartphone, open your phone or dialer app.
- Type in this code “*131*4#” and send.
- You will get a prompt (pop-up) and also a text message from MTN, showing you all your current active data bundles and balances.
How to check MTN data balance, by sending a text message
Follow these steps to check your MTN data balance by sending a simple text message.
- With your android or iOS smartphone, go to your message app.
- Type the digit “2“, and send it to “131“.
- After that, a new text message should arrive on your phone, showing you your current active data bundles and balances.
How to check MTN data balance, by using MyMTNApp
To check your data balance using the MTN mobile app, follow these steps.
- With your android or iOS smartphone, go to Google’s Play Store or Apple’s app store.
- Search for “MyMTNApp” and download it.
- Open the app and you’ll be required to provide your phone number.
- An OTP code will be sent to the provided number, enter it into the app.
- You might also be required to set your login details, such as a username and a password.
- After you’ve done that, you should be ushered into the app’s homepage, from whence you can see your basic account details such as; your current tariff plan, your airtime balance and current data balances.
- If you take your time to navigate your way through the app, you can find basic information about your sim card such as your full name you used in registering the sim, your PUK (Personal Unlocking Key) in case you’ve misplaced your sim pack, and some other vital info.
Alright guys, so like i promised earlier, these are the only three fastest and safest methods that you can easily make use of, to check the data balance on your MTN lines, using your smartphones.
Don’t forget to give this article a thumbs up by sharing it if you enjoyed reading it, and as always, I’ll see you all tomorrow.. #Peace Out.