Now, what do you do when you run out of data and don’t have the cash to renew your subscription immediately? You borrow, isn’t it? And that is why, today, I’ll be showing you how to borrow data from MTN and pay later, using the MTN XtraByte top-up service.
What is the MTN XtraByte?
Simple, like the XtraTime, XtraByte is a top-up service offered by the telecommunications giant, MTN, that lets you top up or borrow data with your MTN line, and payback on your next recharge.
But unlike the XtraTime where you’ll be charged a 15.36% fee on every airtime you borrow, with XtraByte, there are no fees attached to it, so, if you borrow, let’s say 100MB worth of data, you’ll actually be getting 100MB credited to your data balance.
Sounds dope, right?
Now, let’s see how you can actually borrow some data on our MTN lines, using the XtraByte top-up service.
- How to borrow airtime & data from Glo and payback on your next recharge.
- How to transfer or share airtime on your MTN line with family and friends.
- How to transfer or share data with family and friends on your MTN line.
How to borrow data from MTN using USSD code
Follow the steps below to borrow data from MTN using the USSD code format.
- Open your call dialer app, dial the code, *606#, and send.
- Select “Borrow Data” from the options shown to you by entering the appropriate number.
- On the next page, select the data amount that you would like to borrow.
- And once you’ve done that, you will receive an SMS from MTN confirming that the data has been credited to your balance.
And that’s how you borrow data from MTN using the special USSD code. Now, let’s see how we can do the same from the MTN mobile app.
How to borrow data from MTN using the MTN mobile app
Simply follow the steps below to borrow data from MTN, using the MTN mobile app.
Download now: Official MTN mobile app.
- First of all, kindly follow the link above to download the MTN mobile app if you don’t have it installed on your phone before now.
- After doing that, open it, and if it is your first time using it, you’ll be first required to create an account using your MTN phone number, and providing a login PIN.
- Else, simply login to the app with your existing account.
- From the app’s homepage, simply tap on the “Borrow” option.
- Select “Data“, and select the amount you want to borrow.
- Confirm your selection on the next page, and you’re done.
And that wraps it up for today on how to borrow data from MTN.
If you have any questions, kindly leave them in the comments section below, and if you find this post helpful, then kindly give it a thumbs up by sharing it, and as always, I’ll see y’all tomorrow, #peace out.
- How to check your MTN data balances in 3 distinct ways.
- How to get up to 500MB worth of data for just ₦50 on the MTN night browsing data subscription plan.