Ever wondered how to transfer or share data on your MTN line to your loved ones and friends?
Well, wonder no more, cause today, I’m gonna show you three super easy ways that you can do this, and trust me, they’re quite simple.
3 ways to transfer or share data on your MTN line to loved ones in 2021 & 2022
- By using the MTN USSD data transfer code.
- By using the text message format.
- Transfering data using the MTN mobile app.
How to transfer or share data on MTN using the USSD data transfer code
To transfer or share data using the MTN USSD data transfer code, all you have to do is;
- Open your phone’s call dialer app, and dial *131*7#, and send.
- Select the first option, “Transfer from Data Balance”.
- You’ll be promted to enter the recipient’s or receiver’s phone number.
- After that, select the amount of data you wish to transfer.
- Confirm the transfer by entering “1” to proceed.
- And you’re done.
In less than 1 minute, the receiver should get a text message from MTN on their phones confirming that you have transferred some data to them from your own MTN line. #cheers.
And aside from transferring to your friends, you can as well use that same code to request data from your friends too.
How to request data from friends on your MTN line
All you have to do is;
- Dial the same code, *131*7# in your phone’s call dialer app like you did before.
- This time, select the third option which says “Request from a friend“.
- You’ll be prompted to enter your friend’s phone number.
- Simply do that and that is it.
Your friend will get a message on their phone showing that you requested data from them, and it is up to them to either honor the request by gifting you the requested data amount or leave it pending.
How to transfer or share data on MTN, using the text message format
To transfer or share data on your MTN line using text message format, simply follow the steps below.
- Open your phone’s messaging app.
- Simply type “Transfer <friend’s number> <data amount>”.
- Example: Transfer 08105563668 200
- And send this message to the number, “131“
In case you still don’t get it, here’s a real-life screenshot illustration.
Remember to change the phone number to the number you want to transfer the data to, and also change the data amount to the actual amount of data that you wish to transfer to your friend, and that’s it.
Congratulations, you have successfully transferred **** amount of data to your friend. #cheers.
How to transfer or share data on MTN, using the MyMTN mobile app.
To transfer or share data from your MTN line to a friend’s line using the MyMTN mobile app, simply follow the steps below.
Go to Google Play Store and search for “MyMTN“, or save yourself the stress by simply tapping on the download button below.
Download Now: MyMTN mobile app.
When you’re done, open the app, and you’ll be prompted to input your phone number, after which an OTP code will be sent to you to confirm your identity.
After your identity has been confirmed, you’ll be taken straight to the app’s homepage, and it looks something like this.
From the group of options displayed at the bottom of your phone’s screen, tap on “Bundle” and you should have a new page that looks this way.
From there, select the option that says “Share data“, and you’ll be taken to a new page, from where you’ll be requested to select the amount of data that you wish to transfer or share, and also enter the recipient’s phone number.
After doing that, go ahead and hit the “Proceed” button and that’s it. The amount of data that you selected to be transferred will be sent to the recipient’s phone number that you provided.
Easy right? Told you it was gonna be easy.
So that wraps it up for today on how to transfer or share data on your MTN line to your friends and family.
Kindly give this article a thumbs up by sharing it if you find it helpful, and as always, I’ll see you all tomorrow, #Peace Out.