Ever wondered how you can transfer or share data from your MTN line with loved ones and friends? Well, say no more, cause today, I’ll be showing you exactly how to transfer data on your MTN line, in three different but easy ways.
So, you’re ready?
Sure, then let’s begin. #enjoy.
- How to transfer airtime from your MTN line to family & friends.
- How to borrow data from MTN.
- How to borrow airtime from MTN.
- How to check your MTN data balances in 3 ways.
- Learn how you can get up to 500MB for ₦50 with the MTN night browsing plan.
3 Ways to Transfer/share Data on Your MTN Line in 2022
- How to transfer data by using the MTN USSD data transfer code.
- How to transfer data by using the text message format.
- How to transfer data by using the MTN mobile app.
How to transfer/share data on MTN using the MTN USSD code
To transfer or share data using the MTN USSD data transfer code, all you have to do is;
- Open your phone’s call dialer app, dial *131*7#, and send.
- Select the first option which says, “Transfer from Data Balance”.
- You’ll be prompted to enter the recipient’s or receiver’s phone number.
- After that, select the amount of data you wish to transfer.
- Confirm the transfer by entering “1” to proceed.
- And you’re done.
In a short while, the receiver will receive a text message from MTN, confirming that you have transferred some data to them from your own MTN line. #cheers.
And aside from transferring to your friends, you can as well use that same code to request data from your friends too.
How to request data from friends on your MTN line
All you have to do is;
- Dial the same code, *131*7# in your phone’s call dialer app as you did before.
- This time, select the third option which says “Request from a friend“.
- You’ll be prompted to enter your friend’s phone number.
- Simply do that and that is it.
Your friend will get a message on their phone showing that you requested data from them, and it is up to them to either honor the request by gifting you the requested data amount or simply ignore it.
How to transfer/share data on MTN, using the text message format
To transfer or share data on your MTN line using text message format, simply follow the steps below.
- Open your phone’s messaging app.
- Simply type “Transfer <friend’s number> <data amount>”.
- For instance; Transfer 08105563668 200
- And send this message to the number, “131“
In case you still don’t get it, here’s a real-life screenshot illustration.
Remember to change the phone number to the number you want to transfer the data to, and also change the data amount to the actual amount of data that you wish to transfer to your friend, and that’s it.
Congratulations, you have successfully transferred **** amount of data to your friend. #cheers.
How to transfer/share data on MTN, using the MyMTN mobile app
To transfer or share data from your MTN line to a friend’s line using the MyMTN mobile app, simply follow the steps below.
Go to Google Play Store and search for “MyMTN“, or save yourself the stress by simply tapping on the download button below.
Download now: MyMTN mobile app.
When you’re done, open the app, and you’ll be greeted with a welcome page that looks this way.
Simply press Let’s get started, and select “Continue with phone number“. You’ll be prompted to enter your phone number, after which an OTP code will be sent to you to confirm your identity.
After your identity has been confirmed, you’ll be taken straight to the app’s homepage, and it looks something like this.
And from the numerous options shown to you, simply select the one that says “Share“, and you’ll be taken to a new page that looks this way.
Go ahead and select “Data“, and you’ll be prompted to enter the amount of data you wish to share, and also provide the phone number of the recipient to whom you want to transfer the data.
After doing all that, go ahead and hit the “Proceed” button and that’s it. The data amount that you selected will be sent to the recipient’s phone number that you provided.
And that wraps it up for the three ways you can transfer or share data from your MTN line to your loved ones.
If you have any questions, kindly leave them in the comments section below, and if you find this post helpful, then kindly give it a thumbs up by sharing it, and as always, I’ll see y’all tomorrow, #peace out.