In the case you’re running out of airtime on your phone, well, run no more, cause today, I’ll be showing you exactly how to borrow airtime from MTN, using the MTN XtraTime service.
What is the MTN XtraTime?
Simple, XtraTime is a top-up service provided by the telecommunications giant, MTN, that lets customers borrow airtime when they’re running out of it, and payback on their next recharge.
Though there is a 15.36% fee attached to every airtime you borrow, so, for instance, let’s say you took an airtime loan of ₦100, the actual amount that will be credited to your balance will be ₦84.64.
So, now that we’ve known what XtraTime stands for, let’s see how we can actually borrow some airtime from MTN using it.
- How to borrow data from MTN with the MTN XtraByte Top-up service.
- How to borrow airtime and data from Glo with the Glo mobile top-up service.
- How to share your airtime with family & friends on your MTN line.
How to borrow airtime from MTN using the USSD code
Follow these steps to borrow airtime from MTN using the USSD code format.
- Open your call dialer app, dial the code, *606#, and send.
- If you’re eligible for an XtraTime top-up, you’ll get a list of airtime top-up amounts you can choose from, ranging from ₦50 to ₦2,000.
- Select the amount you want by entering the corresponding number.
- Once you do so, you’ll get a text from MTN confirming your airtime top-up.
How to borrow airtime from MTN using the MTN mobile app
Simply follow these steps below to borrow airtime using the MTN mobile app.
Download now: Official MTN mobile app.
- First of all, kindly follow the link above to download the MTN mobile app if you don’t have it installed on your phone before now.
- After doing that, open it, and if it is your first time using it, you’ll be first required to create an account using your MTN phone number and providing a login PIN.
- Else, simply login to the app with your existing account.
- From the app’s homepage, simply tap on the “Borrow” option.
- Select “Airtime“, and select the amount you want to borrow.
- Confirm your selection on the next page, and you’re done.
And that wraps it up for how to borrow airtime from MTN with the XtraTime top-up service.
If you have any questions, kindly leave them in the comments section below, and if you find this post helpful, then kindly give it a thumbs up by sharing it, and as always, I’ll see y’all tomorrow, #peace out.
- How to check your MTN data balances in 3 distinct ways.
- How to get up to 500MB worth of data for just ₦50 on the MTN night browsing data subscription plan.