Okay, so the Infinix Note 5 and the Note 5 Stylus, were launched separately around i think during August and November last year in 2018 respectively. The phones are sequel to the now ageing Infinix Note 4 and Note 4 Pro that were launched during the same period last two years ago. They sure do come with some pretty good and very impressive specs and features, especially for the Note 5 Stylus, but that’s not what we’re here to talk about today, if you want to know all about that, then you can help yourself by reading up our full review on both devices by following the links below.
So here’s what we’re gonna be doing today, today we’re gonna be answering some of the most frequently asked questions about these two devices in question.. And without further ado, let’s get right into it.
Questions on the Infinix Note 5 and Note 5 Stylus Design and Launch date
1. When was the Infinix Note 5 and Note 5 Stylus Launched and released?
The Infinix Note 5 and the Note 5 Stylus were launched in separate dates. The regular Note 5 was launched, released and went for sale in August 2018, while the Note 5 Stylus was launched, released and went for sale in November 2018
2. What is the body of the Infinix Note 5 and Note 5 Stylus made of, are they plastic, metal, or glass?
Now, the design of the especially the Infinix Note 5 phone might and will get a lot of people confused at the first look of it. Personally I’ve heard a lot of people arguing if it is glass or plastic. The truth is, the Infinix Note 5 is actually made of a plastic body, but which was built in such a way that it mimicks or looks and feels like glass, because of its glossy and shiny body. So it will be really hard for anyone to tell if it is plastic or not, or glass or not, but it is actually a plastic body.
While the Note 5 Stylus is metal, there is no mistaking that. From just looking at it, you can already tell what it is made up.
3. What are the dimensions of the Infinix Note 5 and Note 5 Stylus, how do they measure against each other in terms of overall body size?
Well in terms of size, these phones have exactly the same measurements. They both measure 158mm in height or tallness, 75mm in breadth or wideness, and finally 8.4mm in width or thickness. For a phone with a 6.0 Inch display, i will say, they are not too big, neither are they too small when held in the hand. Just the perfect size, for a perfect phone.
Popular FAQS On Camera
4. How many cameras does the Infinix Note 5 and Note 5 Stylus ship with?
Well they both ship with a single lens camera, while the regular Note 5 uses a 12MP lens with an F/2.0 aperture, the Note 5 Stylus on the other hand, makes use of a slightly higher 16MP lens and as well as a slightly bigger F/1.8 aperture. (Note: for aperture numbers, the smaller the number, the bigger the aperture. You can read more about camera apertures here..)
5. Does the Infinix Note 5 shoot better pictures than the Note 5 Stylus?
The answer is definitely no, because these phones were launched around the same period, and from what you could see above, the Note 5 Stylus has some edge over that of the regular Note 5 in terms of megapixel count and aperture opening. So with that, we can confidently say the Note 5 Stylus will shoot more better, crispier and clearer photos than the regular Note 5.
6. Can both phones record 4K Videos?
No, you can’t record 4K videos on either phones. But once again, the Note 5 Stylus has some edge in video recording over the regular Note 5. On the regular Note 5, you can only record videos of 1080p(Full HD) resolution at 30fps, while on the Note 5 Stylus, you can record both at 1080p@30fps, as well as 2160p(Full HD+), at same 30fps(frame per second).. But i bet not a lot of people are going to be putting these into consideration.
7. Can i take portrait shots using the Infinix Note 5 and Note 5 Stylus cameras?
During the time of their launch, their cameras doesn’t support taking portrait shots. But recently Infinix Mobility rolled out a software update that added that feature into their cameras.. So i bet the answer to this question should be “Yes, you can take portrait photos using the Infinix Note 5 and Note 5 Stylus, but only when you have updated it to do that.”
8. Does the Infinix Note 5 and Note 5 Stylus cameras have Optical Image Stabilization (OIS)?
The answer is no. While there is no form of image stabilization at all on the regular Note 5, the Note 5 Stylus instead, uses what we call an Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS), which in this case is controlled by software, and not as near as anywhere good to what you’d get with a traditional Optical Image Stabilization technology.
9. Can i record slow motion videos using the Infinix Note 5 and Note 5 Stylus cameras?
No, the Infinix Note 5 and Note 5 Stylus cameras, do not support slow motion video recording.
10. Does the Infinix Note 5 and Note 5 Stylus cameras have manual controls or a professional shooting mode?
No, you don’t get manual controls or professional mode with the Infinix Note 5 and Note 5 Stylus cameras. Since these phones are part of Google’s androidOne program, and Google utilizes a simple point and shoot style for its Pixel phones without you needing to tinker with things like adjusting the exposure, ISO, shutter speed and all that, so you can’t do that on the Infinix Note 5 and Note 5 Stylus cameras either.
Popular FAQS On Infinix Note 5 and Note 5 Stylus Processor, RAM and Storage
11. Does the Infinix Note 5 and Note 5 Stylus smart phones ship with the same processors?
Yes the Infinix Note 5 and Note 5 Stylus smart phones ship with exactly the same processors.
12. What are the processor types of the Infinix Note 5 and Note 5 Stylus?
The Infinix Note 5 and Note 5 Stylus, ships with the same Mediatek Helio P23 MT6763 (16nm) chipset. This is a Octa core processor with a clock speed of 2.0GHz. And they both still utilizes same GPU, which is a Mali-G71 MP2
13. How fast is the Infinix Note 5 and Note 5 Stylus?
Well, with the Infinix Note 5 and Note 5 Stylus, we will say, you’d get a pretty decent performance without any lags both in opening apps, switching between different apps and playing games. We were able to play the popular PUBG Mobile on them without any issues at all.
14. Does the Infinix Note 5 and Note 5 Stylus have any over heating issues while playing games on them?
No, there is absolutely no serious issues of over heating. But as it is with everything electronic, the phones might get considerably warmer and sometimes even hot, depending on the type of game you’re playing and as well as how long you’ve been playing the game on it. Especially on the Note 5 Stylus, because of its metal aluminum body, which might get hotter or warmer when compared to the regular Note 5 that utilizes a plastic body, because metal conducts heat faster and better than plastic.
15. Between the Infinix Note 5 and Note 5 Stylus, which one is faster?
Well, speaking from the fact that both phones ship with exactly the same processor, GPU and RAM, we will conclude that no one is considerably or noticeably faster than the other. They both run and work at the same speed or pace, unless the user tries to over clock any one of them, which i don’t think is something anyone will consider doing at this time.
16. What is the RAM and Internal Storage size of both phones?
Well, while the regular Note 5 comes with a base RAM size of 3GB with a 32GB inbuilt storage, there is also a 4GB version out there that costs a little higher, and has a 64GB of inbuilt storage. But the Note 5 Stylus itself, comes with a 4GB of RAM for both the 32GB and 64GB versions respectively.
17. Do they support storage expansion using a Micro-SD card
Yes, you can expand the storage of the Infinix Note 5 and Note 5 Stylus using a Micro-SD card for up to an additional 128GB.
Popular Questions Android Version, Software and Features
18. What version of android does the Infinix Note 5 and Note 5 Stylus ship with?
The Infinix Note 5 and Note 5 Stylus both ship with Android 8.1 Oreo out of the box.
19. Can they be updated to Android 9.0 Pie? and if yes, when will it be?
Yes, they can and will surely be updated to the latest Android 9.0 Pie version. In fact, as we speak right now, the Beta version of Android 9.0 Pie update is has been officially rolled out for all Infinix Note 5 and Note 5 Stylus around the world for those who pre-registered for it. But for those who didn’t pre-register for it, then you’ll all have to wait till the full version update is made available for everyone, and which i think it shouldn’t be far off since these both phones are under the Google’s androidOne software program.
20. What does it mean for the Infinix Note 5 and Note 5 Stylus to be a Google androidOne smart phones?
Well it simply means they are both under the Google’s androidOne program, and being under it means their software are being managed and controlled by Google. You will get a pure Google android experience without any further form of customization. Just the same way it is with Google Pixel phones, is exactly the same experience you’d get on the Infinix Note 5 and Note 5 Stylus.
21. What are the advantages you’d get with the androidOne program on the Infinix Note 5 and Note 5 Stylus
Well, the best advantage you’d get on the Infinix Note 5 and Note 5 Stylus as Google’s androidOne phone is a faster software update. Since everything that has to do with software is being controlled and managed by Google itself, then you’d be among the first users to get the latest software releases and updates from Google.
Other benefits include an optimal performance and speed since there are no further customizations done to the UI.
22. I can’t find Xhide on my Infinix Note 5 and Note 5 Stylus smart phone, why is it like it?
Well the truth is, since these phones are both Google’s androidOne devices, they lack the Infinix own XOS customized UI, and that simply means you can’t get all the XOS features you are used to such as Xhide, XClub, XManager, App Freezer and all that.
23. Does the Infinix Note 5 and Note 5 Stylus come with an App Freezer pre-installed? If No, then how do i freeze apps on them?
Well unlike every other Infinix phones out there that is running on the Infinix XOS UI and should probably have the Infinix app freezer installed for them by default, the Infinix Note 5 and Note 5 Stylus doesn’t have any of these features still because of the same reason we stated above. But if at all and for any reason you wish to freeze some of your apps, the best thing you can do right now is to disable those apps. Disabling an app is still the same thing you do when you freeze an app.
24. How do i hide apps on the Infinix Note 5 and Note 5 Stylus smart phones since they don’t come with the Xhide feature
Well if you must hide your apps on the Infinix Note 5 and Note 5 Stylus smart phones, there are still some pretty good third party apps you can download from Google Play Store that will help you achieve such feature. Apps such as Vault-Hide, App Lock, and Hide-It Pro are some very good apps that can be used to replace Xhide.
25. Can i use the Infinix Note 4 Pro XPen on the Infinix Note 5 Stylus and vice versa?
Well we can’t tell for now because we haven’t tested it, but since they’re both note devices, i think their XPen should be compatible on both phones. Maybe you can test it and let us know if it works in the comments section below.
26. Can the Infinix Note 5 Stylus XPen work with the regular Note 5?
No, the XPen cannot work with any other phone apart from the Note 5 Stylus, as it was built only for it.
27. Can the XPen get stucked inside the Note 5 Stylus?
Well just it is with everything electronic, they can generate faults sometimes in their time. So we’re not saying it is normal for the XPen to get stuck inside of the Note 5 Stylus. All we’re saying is, it is nearly impossible for things like that to happen because of the way it was built. It has a button at the bottom that you press to pop it out, and secondly you can’t insert it into the phone the other way round.
28. How does the XPen gets charged?
The XPen on the Note 5 Stylus, charges automatically whenever you insert it into the phone.
Frequently Asked Questions On Device Connectivity and Security
29. Does the Infinix Note 5 and Note 5 Stylus have 4G VOLTE?
Yes they sure do have it.
30. I can’t find Face Unlock On my Infinix Note 5 and Note 5 Stylus, does it mean they don’t have the face unlock feature?
Yes, the Infinix Note 5 and Note 5 Stylus do not have the face unlocking feature. But there is a way you can actually setup one if you need it that much using Google’s Trusted Face. Now this method is not as secure as the regular face unlocking feature, but can still be manageable for now, until Google decides to do something about including the normal face unlock feature on the Infinix Note 5 and Note 5 Stylus smart phones.. So if you want to see how to setup and start making use of Google’s Trusted Face as a way of unlocking your Infinix Note 5 and Note 5 Stylus smart phones using your face, then follow the link below.
31. What Bluetooth version does the Infinix Note 5 and Note 5 Stylus smart phones come with?
The Infinix Note 5 and Note 5 Stylus both come with Bluetooth 4.2 version out of the box.
32. Can i connect two Bluetooth devices such as two Bluetooth speakers to the Infinix Note 5 and Note 5 Stylus at once?
No you can’t do that, because that feature is only available on devices with Bluetooth 5.0 and upwards, for now, the Infinix Note 5 and Note 5 Stylus are both stuck on the now ageing Bluetooth 4.2 version.
Frequently Asked Questions On Device’s Battery and Charging
33. What is the battery life like in the Infinix Note 5 and Note 5 Stylus smart phones?
Well if battery life is one thing you’re buying either the Infinix Note 5 or the Note 5 Stylus smart phones, then you wouldn’t be disappointed. Last year’s Infinix Note 4 and Note 4 Pro were so good with their large 4300mAh power battery, and this year’s own is even better. On regular use, the phones will take you on a joyful ride for two days or three, without you even remembering to charge it. And if you’re a heavy power user like me, who loves playing lots of games, with your internet data switched on almost all the time, and you like watching a lot of YouTube and all that, the phones will take you throughout the whole day without you plugging it, and you’re still gonna have up to about 30 to 20% left by night fall.
34. Why and How is the regular Infinix Note 5’s battery bigger than the one on the Note 5 Stylus?
The regular Note 5 has a bigger 4000mAh power battery compared to the just 4000mAh found on the Note 5 Stylus because of its XPen, Infinix said they needed space inside the phone for a place where the XPen could stay, so there was no better way to create that space, than to reduce the battery size of the Note 5 Stylus. But even at that, the battery life on the Note 5 Stylus wouldn’t leave you feeling any bad at all. A solid phone, for a solid price.
35. Does the bigger battery on the regular Note 5 make it have a better battery life than on the Note 5 Stylus?
No, not at all.. Even if it does, you wouldn’t even notice it because you’re still probably very excited and satisfied with the awesome battery life of the Note 5 Stylus itself.
36. Does the Infinix Note 5 and Note 5 Stylus phones have Infinix XCharge or any fast charging feature?
Yes the Infinix Note 5 and Note 5 Stylus phones both have the iconic Infinix XCharge fast charging feature, and they both come with Infinix fast XChargers out of the box.
Read Also – Everything you need to know about Infinix XCharge Flash Charging feature – What It Is, How it works, How to identify original Infinix XChargers, some of its popular regular problems and fixes.
37. How long does it take to charge both phones?
It takes approximately “1hr and 30mins” to fill up the Infinix Note 5 and Note 5 Stylus smart phones from 0% to 100%.
38. Does the Infinix Note 5 and Note 5 Stylus have USB Type-C Ports?
No, the Infinix Note 5 and Note 5 Stylus smart phones both ship with the generic USB 2.0 ports.
39. Is there USB OTG on the Infinix Note 5 and Note 5 Stylus phones?
Yes there is USB OTG present on the Infinix Note 5 and Note 5 Stylus smart phones.
Frequently Asked Questions on Pricing, Availability and Miscellaneous
40. How much does the Infinix Note 5 and Note 5 Stylus costs right now
Well at the moment, you can currently get the Note 5 for 58,000 thousand naira on Jumia.ng, while the Note 5 Stylus goes for 73,000 thousand naira. You might still get it at a lesser prices from a different store too, whether online or offline. So much sure to make your research properly in terms of pricing before deciding where to buy from.
41. Where and how can i buy the Infinix Note 5 and Note 5 Stylus smart phones in Nigeria?
You can currently get the Infinix Note 5 and Note 5 Stylus smart phones from popular offline stores such as 3C Hub, Hytel Phones, Pointek, any Slot store, etc. Online stores include Jumia.ng, Konga.com and Slot.ng
42. Does the Infinix Note 5 and Note 5 Stylus have Notification LED lights?
Yes they do.
43. Do they have battery saver or Ultra Power Saving mode
Yes they do have battery saving mode.
44. How do i take screenshots on the Infinix Note 5 and Note 5 Stylus phones?
For now, the only way you can take screenshots on the Infinix Note 5 and Note 5 Stylus smart phones is by using the traditional “Volume down + power button” combination, or by using the “swipe down with three fingers” gesture. follow the link below to see how to activate this feature.
45. Does the Infinix Note 5 and Note 5 Stylus phones have Multi screen support or the Screen Splitting feature and how do i activate it
Yes, the Infinix Note 5 and Note 5 Stylus smart phones have the generic multi screen feature that was first seen with the launch of Android 8 Oreo.
To get it done in your phone, all you have to do is; while using an app and you want to switch to Screen Splitting mode, just press and hold the recent apps button and select the second app. Or you can as well follow the link above to see a more detailed step by step procedure.
46. Does the Infinix Note 5 and Note 5 Stylus have Multi Account support?
No, they don’t come with multiple accounts feature installed by default, but you can download the Dual Space app, Parallel Space or the Multiple Accounts app from Google Play Store if you need this feature so badly.
Okay guys, this is how far we can go for now, if you have any more questions you wish to ask, or if the answer you’re searching for isn’t found here, you can do well to drop the question in the comments section below, and we will try our best to give positive answers to all your questions and as well include them to our list.. #Cheers..
Share It If You Liked It, Subscribe To Our Newsletter For Free
Some very popular related articles
• The Infinix Note 5 Hands-On and first impressions
• Infinix Note 5 Stylus Review
• 6 Steps to update Infinix Note 5 and Note 5 Stylus to Android 9.0 Pie