So finally, the Official version of Android 9.0 Pie update has started rolling out for the Infinix Note 5 and Note 5 Stylus smart phones all over the world, and even some users who have gotten theirs are testifying to the speed at which the update came to them, like they weren’t expecting any major software updates from Infinix this fast, at least not now.
BUT TAKE NOTE – That this software update is not being provided by Infinix. Instead, it is coming directly from Google this time, and reason is because, the Infinix Note 5 and 5 Stylus are both under the Google’s androidOne program, so everything that has to do with software updates are being taken care of by Google themselves.. and you know what that means right?.
Anyways, in case you’re just joining us, you can follow this link right now to see everything you need to know, both the differences and similarities between Infinix XOS devices and Infinix Google’s androidOne devices.
In that post, we explained everything you stand to gain or lose if you’re using anyone of both. So here’s the link once again.. and #Enjoy
Alright guys, enough of the pep talk, now here’s how to update your Infinix Note 5 and Note 5 Stylus smart phones to their respective official Android 9.0 Pie software versions. And believe me, these steps are very easy, a lot of us already know how to do it.
6 Steps To Update Your Infinix Note 5 and Note 5 Stylus To Android 9.0 Pie Update
- Go to your phone’s settings page, and scroll all the way down until you see the option labeled as “About Phone“
- From there, go to “Software Updates” and refresh the page.. You should immediately see the Android 9.0 Pie Update file staring at you and waiting for you to tap on the “Download Now” button..
- Now before you proceed to download, please make sure that you have enough battery juice left on your phone, at least anything from “80%” battery should do the job, or if you don’t have that, at least make sure that your phone is plugged in to a reliable power source while on it.
- Alright so if you’ve made sure of that, you can go ahead and tap on the “Download Now” button.. as well make sure you have a stable internet connection as the download file is approximately 1.3GB in size.
- After downloading, click on “Install Now” and allow the phone to do its thing.. The phone might reboot multiple times while at the process, but no worries, they are all part of #God’s_Plan..
- Alright so after a successful installation, well, what more can i say, just go ahead and start enjoying the new Android 9.0 Pie on your phone, just the same way I’m doing right now.. #Cheers..
Some New Features Of Android 9.0 Pie On The Infinix Note 5 and Note Stylus
Alright, so if you’ve successfully updated your Infinix Note 5 to its latest android version which i bet you did, here are some of the new features i think you should try out first..
- New System Navigation (Gesture Navigation), Settings Menu and Notifications
- New Adaptive Power Prioritization for the user’s most commonly used apps and services.
- Adaptive or Intelligent Auto Brightness adjustment with AI
- Predictive App Actions and so much more..
Alright guys so that’s it for the Infinix Note 5, but before i drop my pen and say goodbye, i want to take a lil bit more time to address this issue that has being on debate for a pretty long time now.. which is..
Why Are Other Infinix Smart Phones Not Getting Any Update, Why Just The Infinix Note 5 and Note Stylus And Not Others..
Though i already talked a bit about this topic above, but i just think i needed to throw more light on it, and here’s the reason why. Well the thing is, Infinix made a collaboration with Google to include the Infinix Note 5 and the Note 5 Stylus into its androidOne program..
And being an androidOne phone simply means that it will be among the first Android smart phones to get any latest android version and security updates for the next two years. So everything that has to do with software and UI on the phone is being controlled and taken care of by Google, but the phone still belongs to Infinix.
While other Infinix smart phones such as the Infinix Hot S3, S3X, Hot 6, 6 Pro and 6X and every other Infinix phones out there are not included in this androidOne program, so they will only be getting a software update whenever Infinix feels like you guys deserve one..
So if you’ve been wondering and worried why you current Infinix smart phone isn’t getting anything like an Android Pie update, well there you have your answers..
Alright, so that is it for today guys, let us know if you already got your update in the comments section below, and as for those who followed the steps above and couldn’t see any update for their devices, i will urge you to be patient as it will surely get to your location, sooner or later.
Now if you enjoyed reading this article, give us a thumbs up by subscribing to our newsletter so you won’t miss out on any of our latest contents, keep reading and sharing this gospel, and as always, I’ll see you all tomorrow.. #Peace Out