The presence of bloatware and the existence of adverts across the UI especially on the budget to mid-range smartphone segments cannot be over-emphasized. And if you’re making use of, say an Infinix or Tecno smartphone, you should have a better understanding of what I’m trying to say.
When it comes to bloatware, you have a ton of it, especially when unboxing a new Infinix or Tecno mobile smartphone for the first time, you’ll see apps such as the Scooper app, Opera News app, AHA games, Carlcare, Phoenix browser app, SIMO, Palmstore, XPark, the YoParty app, etc.
And when it comes to adverts, you find them almost everywhere across your phone’s UI. You’ll see them on your app drawer, settings menu, notifications tray, your home screen, everywhere.
Bloatware are apps that come pre-installed in a smartphone by the phone’s manufacturer, of which in most cases, they’re more useless than they’re useful.
They constitute a nuisance, first by running in your phone’s background even when you’re not aware of them doing so, thereby consuming a huge chunk of your phone’s hardware resources like RAM and storage, and even consuming a reasonably amount of your internet browsing data bundle for those that require an active internet connection to work.
Secondly, most of them go further as sending you unwanted notifications every now and then, thereby making your notifications tray so cluttered that useful notifications such as mails and text messages might even get lost in them.
For those who are a little bit tech inclined, they might take a greater part of the day to uninstall and disable most of these apps and adverts, while for those who aren’t, well that’s the reason why this post is in existence today.
So without taking much of your time, today I’m gonna be showing you how you can completely get rid of bloatwares and disable advertisements from popping up on your Infinix and Tecno mobile phones.
And without further ado, let’s get started.. #Enjoy…
How to uninstall & disable bloatwares from Infinix and Tecno mobile devices.
Now before we get started, I’d like you to know that you should take your time to decide if a particular app which is considered as bloatware here, is actually useful, or a bloatware to you as well.
I mean, though these apps are mostly useless than they’re useful most of the times, but they can still prove a lot more useful to a small number of people out there.
For example, i actually make use of the Phoenix browser app on my Infinix Hot 9 whenever i don’t feel like making use of Google’s Chrome browser, and i even make use of the Phone Master app that comes by default on all Infinix and Tecno mobile smartphones.
So make sure you have that at the back of your mind before proceeding to uninstall or disabling an app, and with that out of the way, let’s get down to business.
To get rid of a bloatware, here’s what you should do…
- Make sure that your phone is running on its default launcher, which is, XOS launcher for Infinix phones, and HiOS launcher for Tecno phones.
- Most of these apps can be found either on your phone’s home-screen or sitting somewhere inside your app drawer, and like i mentioned before, these apps include but not limited to the (Scooper app, Opera News app, AHA games, Carlcare, Phoenix browser, the SIMO app, Palmstore, XPark, Visha app, VSkit, XBoy app, the YoParty app, etc).
- So when you come across anyone of these aforementioned apps, all you have to do is press and hold on the app icon until some options will pop-up.
- If that particular app can be uninstalled, you should see the uninstall option among the options that pops up, but if a particular app can’t be uninstalled, you wouldn’t see the uninstall option.
- For those that can be uninstalled, you can simply go ahead and do that right there and then, but for those which can’t, you should see another option that says “Application details“ from the list of options that pops up when you press and hold the app icon.
- NOTE: Please make sure that you’re currently using the default launcher that came with your phone so that this post will make more sense to you.
- Tap on “Application details” for the apps that can’t be uninstalled, and you should be taken straight the app’s info page, deep inside your phone’s setting.
- From there, you should see an option that lets you to disable the app, simply tap on it, and the app will be disabled.
- Being disabled means that it will cease to function on your phone, and it will also cease to show up anywhere on your phone’s home-screen or app drawer.
So repeat the steps for every app that you feel is a bloatware on your Infinix or Tecno mobile smartphone, and let’s see how we can stop adverts from showing up anywhere across our phone’s UI.
How to disable adverts (ads) from showing up anywhere across the UI on your Infinix & Tecno mobile phones.
In disabling ads from showing up across the UI on your Infinix or Tecno mobile smartphone, the process is slightly different, and might be a little bit complicated for some persons, but here they are by the way…
- As always, make sure that your phone is currently running of its default launcher, XOS for Infinix, and HiOS launcher for Tecno.
- Now on your phone’s home-screen, press and hold on any empty space until some options pops up at the bottom of your phone’s screen.
- On Infinix’s platform, tap on the option that says “Menu”, while for Tecno, tap on the option that says “Desktop setting”.
- While in their various setting pages (everything should pretty look the same across both platform), locate the option that says “Search settings” and tap on it to open or expand it.
- While in the search settings page, disable the options for “Hot Searches” and “Instant Apps”. When done, leave the search settings page and go back to the main setting page.
- Now locate the other option that says “Other settings” and tap on it to open it.
- While in there, disable the following options “Search Bar, Hot Searches, Zero Screen, Application recommendation, Search Instant App, Instant Apps, Instant App Remender”.
- After disabling all that, you can now finally go back to your phone’s home-screen and app drawer to see if you’ll find any of those bothering adverts again.
And that’s pretty much it. That’s how you can get rid of all the annoying bloatware apps and adverts that pops up on your Infinix and Tecno mobile smartphones.
Please give this article a thumbs up by sharing it if you enjoyed reading it, and as always, I’ll see you all tomorrow, #Peace Out.
▪ Infinix XOS 6 Dolphin (based on Android 10) review – Every new feature that comes with Infinix latest version of its proprietary android skin.
▪ Tecno HiOS 6 (based on Android 10) review – Everything you need to know about Tecno’s latest version of its proprietary UI.
▪ How to download and make use of 3D Parallax wallpapers on your Infinix & Tecno mobile smartphones.
▪ How to enable and make use android 10 gesture navigation system on all non-supported Infinix and tecno mobile smartphones.