• As promised by Infinix Mobility, The Infinix Smart 2 phones are currently being updated to Android 9.0 Pie version, and here’s how to update yours.
So sometime ago in mid August this year, Infinix Mobility launched the Infinix Smart 2 phone with Android 8.0 Oreo and XOS 3.3 Hummingbird OS out of the box.
Then fast forward to late November in this same year, Infinix made an official announcement on its Facebook page that the Smart 2 phone will be receiving its Official Android 9 Pie update very soon, precisely to be on the 25th of December 2018.
Well Infinix kept to their promise, and all Infinix Smart 2 mobile phones are currently getting the update via OTA(Over The Air). And here are the five steps to update your Infinix Smart 2 to Android 9.0 Pie
How To Update Your Infinix Smart 2 Phone To Android 9 Pie
- Okay as usual, pick up your Infinix Smart 2 phone and find your way down to its Main Settings Menu
- While in there, navigate to “About Phone” and locate “Software Update“.
- When you’ve found it, click on it and refresh the page
- Once refreshed, you should see the new Android 9.0 Pie update starring at you right there and waiting to be downloaded into your phone..
- Click on “Download and Install” and allow the system to do its thing..
- It takes about 5-10mins for the whole process to complete depending on your mobile network or WiFi speed.
Now i should have said this before, even before listing out the steps to update your.. there are a few very important things you should take note of before attempting to update your phone, feeling less concerned about these things might end you up with a non functional Infinix Smart 2.
Some Very Important Things To Take Note Of Before Updating Your Infinix Smart 2 Phone To Android 9.0 Pie
- Make sure your phone is not rooted, as downloading and installing the update on rooted android devices may and will cause your device not to boot up ever again..
- If for any reason your phone is rooted as in the case of No.1 above, please un-root completely and correctly.
- Make sure your device is fully charged or at least you have an 80% battery left on it.. If not, “Oyo” is your case, or make sure it is plugged to a reliable power source while updating it.
Alright people, so far so good, that is it for the steps to update your Infinix Smart 2 phone to Android 9.0 Pie, let us your thoughts in the comments section below, make sure to subscribe to our newsletter if you haven’t done so, and as always, I’ll see you on the next one.. #Peace_Out
Other Helpful Resources
• Infinix officially announced the coming of XOS 4 Honeybee with 12 exciting new features..
• Here’s the full list of Infinix devices that will be getting Android 9 Pie Update in 2018 and 2019
• Here’s everything you need to know about the upcoming Infinix Zero 6 2019 flagship phone.