Learn how to share data on Glo – It’s said that “sharing is caring“, isn’t it? Yes, I believe so too, and that is the reason why, today, I’ll be showing you two different ways you can share data with up to five persons on the Glo network.
So, you’re ready?
Sure, then let’s begin. #enjoy.
So, with the Glo data sharing service, you can easily add up to five persons (Glo subscribers) as beneficiaries to your data subscription plan, and what this means is that, when added, they can simply keep browsing with their phones wherever they are in the world, for as long as you have an active data subscription.
So, like I said, today, I’ll be showing you how to share your data with others on the Glo network in two different ways, and I’ll also be showing you how to unshare or remove a beneficiary from the list in case you feel the person is using too much of your data.
And below are the two ways that I’ll be showing you today.
How to share data on Glo
- How to share data on Glo using the Glo USSD code.
- How to share data on Glo by using the Glo mobile app.
So, let’s begin with the first one;
How to share data on Glo using USSD code format
- Open the call dialer app, dial the code, *777#, and send.
- From the menu options shown to you, kindly enter “1” to go to “Data“.
- After that, enter “3” on the next page to go to “Share Data Plan“.
- Enter “1” again on the next page to select “Share“.
- Now, at this point, you’ll be required to enter the recipient’s number, kindly do so.
- And after that, you’ll receive a message that you’ve successfully added the number to your data beneficiaries.
Now if for any reason you want to stop sharing your data with a particular beneficiary, all you have to do is;
- Kindly follow the procedure from step 1 to 3 above.
- Now, instead of entering “1” for Share, kindly enter “2” for “Unshare“.
- You’ll be asked to provide the recipient’s number, kindly do so, and the number will be removed from your data sharing list.
- You can keep repeating this for all the numbers you no longer want to share data with.
Also, learn how to check your data balances on your Glo lines.
And that is how you can share and unshare data using the USSD method on the Glo network. Now; let’s see how we can do the same thing with the Glo mobile app.
How to share data on Glo with the Glo mobile app
Download now: Glo’s official mobile app.
- First of all, if you don’t have the app installed on your phone, simply follow the link above to do so.
- After that, open it, and if it’s your first time using it, you’ll be asked to first register by providing your Glo mobile number and creating a login PIN.
- Else, simply go ahead and log in with your already existing credentials.
- Once on the app’s homepage, you should be staring at a screen that looks like this.
- From there, simply tap on the option labeled “Share/Gift“, and make sure you select the “Share Data” tab from the top of the page.
- After that, you’ll be required to provide the recipient’s phone number, kindly do so, and tap on “Share Data“.
- That way, you have successfully started sharing your data subscription with the added beneficiary.
Now, to unshare data using the same method, all you have to do is;
- Simply follow the procedures from step 1 to 5 above.
- And on the “Share Data” page, you’ll see the list of numbers that you’re currently sharing data with at moment.
- Each of them will have a red delete button right next to their numbers, and you can simply tap this button to remove any contact from the list.
And that’s how you get to share and unshare your mobile data on the Glo network. If you have any questions, kindly leave them in the comments section below, and if you find this post helpful, then kindly give it a thumbs up by sharing it, and as always, I’ll see y’all tomorrow, #peace out.
- The Glo YouTube Plan: Learn how to subscribe to and use the Glo YouTube data plan.
- The Glo night plan: How to get up to 1GB worth of data for ₦100 with the Glo midnight browsing plan.
- Learn how to easily check your Glo mobile number just in case you’ve forgotten it.