Do you want to change the keyboard color of your iPhone? In fact, can you even change the color keyboard of an iPhone?
Well, yes, but…
You see, with an iPhone, the limited of things you can customize on the user interface, and the extent to which you can customize them are pretty limited, unlike on Android where you have a never-ending list of things that can be customized, and tinkered with, such as changing your keyboard color.
With the iPhone’s default keyboard app, you can only change the color from white to black and vice versa when you switch from light mode to dark mode, so, when you change your theme from light to dark mode, the entire UI, including the keyboard follows suit, and when you go back to light mode, the keyboard goes back to its default state, which is white.
But, what if we don’t just want to change from white to black, and from black to white?
What if we actually want to change the keyboard color to something entirely different and new, say something like Red, Pink, Green, Orange, Blue, gradient colors, etc?
Well, that’s where third-party keyboard apps like the Microsoft SwiftKey keyboard app, and the Google Gboard keyboard app comes in.
So, today, I’m gonna show you exactly how you can change the keyboard color on your iPhones to any color of your choice, using these third-party keyboard apps I mentioned above.
So, you’re ready?
Well, then, let’s get started. #enjoy.
• How to reset your iPhone’s home screen layout back to the default.
• How to connect your JBL speakers to your iPhone.
• How to turn off “volume limit” on your iPhone.
SwiftKey keyboard app
Download Now: Microsoft’s SwifKey keyboard app.
SwiftKey is one of the most popular third-party keyboard apps that you can find on the Apple App Store today, and it does so for so many reasons.
Aside from the fact that it lets you change the keyboard color to any color of your choice, even giving you the freedom to use a picture as your keyboard background, the SwiftKey itself is a way more robust keyboard app as compared to Apple’s default keyboard app.
For example, it gives you a built-in clipboard manager that collects and stores every item(text) you copy as you make use of your phone, so you can use(paste) any one of them later, without erasing the rest.
And to see more about the clipboard manager on iPhones, and the benefits of using a third-party keyboard with a built-in clipboard manager, kindly follow the link below.
Read Also: How to find the clipboard manager on your iPhone and the best third-party keyboard apps with built-in clipboard managers.
And here’s how you can change the keyboard color on your iPhone using the SwiftKey third-party keyboard app.
How to change the keyboard color on your iPhone, using the SwiftKey keyboard app
- First of all, download the SwiftKey keyboard app for iPhones from the App Store, or by clicking here.
- After that, open it, grant it the required permission, and sign up if you’re using it for the first time, or sign in if you already have an existing account before.
- From the keyboard’s settings menu, go to “Themes“, and from there, you can choose from any of the premade themes.
- To select a theme, simply tap on any one of your choice to download it, and after that, you can apply it to your keyboard interface.
- You can even preview themes to see what they’ll look like when applied before downloading them.
And aside from choosing from the premade themes, you can even create your own custom-made theme by using a picture as your background, choosing your symbols, fonts, etc.
Gboard keyboard app
Download Now: Google’s Gboard keyboard app.
After SwiftKey, another very popular keyboard app that you can find on the App Store today is the Google Gboard keyboard app, and once again, like SwiftKey, the Gboard is a way more robust keyboard app than what you’d get on Apple’s default keyboard app.
It brings many utility options to your fingertips that make typing a lot more fun and easier, and above all, it lets you change the keyboard color to whatever color of your choice.
And here’s how to do exactly that.
How to change iPhone’s keyboard color using Google’s Gboard keyboard app
- Like before, download the Gboard app for iPhones from the App Store, or by following this link.
- After that, open it, and grant it all the neccessary permissions that will be required of you.
- From the main settings menu list, go to “Theme“.
- The themes page is divided into 4 categories, and you can select a theme from any category of your choice.
And as with the SwiftKey keyboard, you can also create your own custom themes by using a picture from your gallery as the keyboard’s background, just in case you couldn’t find any theme that suits your taste and style from the premade ones offered to you.
And that is how you get to change the keyboard color or colors on your iPhones using third-party keyboard apps.
So, kindly tell us which of these apps you prefer to use and why by leaving a comment for us in the comments section below, and if you find this article helpful, kindly give it a thumbs up by sharing it, and as always, I’ll see y’all tomorrow, #peace out.