How do you reset the home screen layout of an iPhone to look just exactly the way it was when you bought the phone?
There’s a way you or anyone can do that, and trust me, it’s pretty easy.
So, if you’re recently messed around with the home screen layout of your iPhone, maybe you’ve moved some icons about, added some new widgets, or, you’re just having difficulties finding some app icons probably because they’ve been moved to the new app libraries on iOS 14, and you just needed to take things back to the way they used to be when you just got the phone;
Well, it’s a good thing Apple provided its users a way they can do that, and today, I’m gonna show you exactly how it’s been done for both iPhones running iOS 14 and older versions, and iPhones running the new iOS 15 and later versions.
So, having said that, and without further ado, let’s get started. #enjoy…
• How to connect & pair your JBL speakers to your iPhone.
• How to turn off “volume limit” on your iPhone, and get the iPhone’s maximum volume output.
• How to properly wear your Airpods Pro to get the best sound quality, and stop them from falling off your ears.
How to reset the home screen layout on iPhones running iOS 14 and older versions
Follow these steps to reset the home screen layout on your iPhone running iOS 14 and older versions of the Apple iOS.
- Go to your iPhone main settings menu, and go to “General” settings.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page, and tap on the “Reset” option.
- From the list of options shown to you, select or tap on “Reset Home Screen Layout“.
- Tap “Reset Home Screen” from the prompt that will be shown to you.
- And just like that, your iPhone’s home screen will be reset back to its default settings.
- And when you go back to your home screen, you should see the new changes.
Easy peasy right?
Well, that’s for how to do it on iOS 14 and older versions of the Apple iOS mobile operating, because on iOS 15 and above versions, things are a little bit different, but it still largely remains unchanged.
So, here’s how to do the same thing on iPhones running iOS 15 and newer versions.
How to reset the home screen layout on iPhones running iOS 15 and newer versions
- Once again, go to your iPhone’s main settings menu, and go to “General” settings.
- Swipe to the bottom of the page until you see the “Transfer or Reset iPhone” setting option.
- Tap on it to open it.
- From the new page, tap on “Reset“, and from the list of options shown to you, select “Reset Home Screen Layout“.
- And for the last time, tap on “Reset Home Screen” from the prompt shown to you, and your iPhone’s home screen will be reset.
- You can now go back to your home screen to see the new changes.
And that’s how you get to reset your home screens for both iOS 14 and below versions, and iOS 15 and above versions of the Apple mobile operating systems on your iPhones.
Kindly give this post a thumbs up by sharing it if you find it helpful, and as always, I’ll see y’all tomorrow, #peace out.