In less than two minutes today, I’ll be showing you how to turn off the volume limit on your iPhone, but before that, what is even this volume limit feature, and what does it do on iPhones?
What is the iPhone volume limit all about?
Simple, the volume limit is a feature that prevents you from turning the volume on your iPhone past a certain preset level when consuming media on it, and aside from iPhones, you can also find a similar feature with different names on Android smartphones alike too.
Manufacturers include and activate this feature by default to prevent users from listening to music or watching videos at very high volumes for long periods of time, as doing so might actually lead to hearing deficiencies in the future for the said users.
But, it’s a good thing it can be turned off, probably if you don’t care about your ears, and just want to crank up the music volume on your iPhones to the highest it can get to, and today, I’m gonna show you exactly how you can do that with just a few steps.
How to turn off your iPhone volume limit feature
To turn off the volume limit feature on your iPhone, simply follow the steps below.
- Go to your iPhone settings menu, and locate the “Music” setting option.
- Tap on it to open it.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page, and under “PLAYBACK” tab, you should see the “Volume Limit” option, and it should on by defaut.
- Now tap on it to open it, and you’ll see a slider.
- Drag this slider to the far end of it (to the right), and that’s it.
- When you go back to the previous page, you should see that the volume limit setting option label has now been set to “Off“, indicating that it is turned off.
So, after doing all that, you can go ahead and crank up the music volume on your iPhone to the highest it can get to, and you’ll see that you won’t be restricted from doing so just like it used to when the volume limit feature was on.
And aside from that, there’s also a similar feature on the iPhone that lets you turn off the volume limit when using earphones or headphones. This feature is called “Headphone Safety“.
And as with volume limits, this feature restricts you from getting past a preset volume level when using earphones or headphones on your iPhone, and to turn it off, simply follow the steps below.
How to turn off volume limits for headphones, a.k.a “headphone safety” on iPhones
To turn off the volume limit for headphones, a.k.a headphones safety on your iPhones, all you have to do is follow the steps below.
- Go to your iPhone settings menu, and go to the “Sound & Haptics” settings option.
- Go to the “Headphone Safety” settings option.
- Do note that in some countries, this can be turned off, while in others, it can’t.
- If it can be turned off in your country, you should see an option that says “Headphone Notifications” with an on/off toggle button in front of it.
- Tap on this button to turn it off if it was on when you got there, and that’s it.
- But if it can’t be turned off in your country or region, you should an option that says “Reduce Loud Sounds” with an on/off button in front of it too.
- Simply tap on the button to turn it off, and you’re good to go.
And that wraps it up for today on the two different ways to turn off the volume limit feature on your iPhones.
Kindly give this article by sharing it if you find it helpful, and as always, I’ll see y’all tomorrow, #peace out.