Infinix split-screen multitasking is nothing new as it was introduced on android smartphones in the days of Android 7.0 Nougat.
And since then, with every new Android version update, Google has been working tirelessly on more ways to make its use on android smartphones as seamless and trouble-free as possible.
So today, I’ll quickly show you how you can enable and disable this feature on your Infinix phones, in case you don’t know how to do that before now.
I’m gonna show you how to do this on older Infinix phones running older versions of android, as well as older versions of Infinix’s own proprietary XOS UI.
Then I’m also gonna show you how to do it on newer Infinix phones with the freshest versions of Android and the newest XOS UI versions as well.
So without further ado, let’s get started. #enjoy.
How to enable split screen multitasking mode on Infinix phones running Android 7.0 Nougat + XOS 2.0 Chameleon
To enable split screen multitasking mode on your Infinix phone running Android 7.0 Nougat, here’s what you should do.
- First of all, open the first app that you want to make use of.
- While the app is open and running, long-press on your recent apps button, and the first app which you already opened will be shrunk and shifted to the upper part of your phone’s display, while giving you room to open a second app at the lower side of the display.
- Now go ahead and select a second app from your recent app lists, or from your phone’s app drawer, and that is it.
The two apps will be running simultaneously on your phone, with one taking the upper third of your phone’s display, while the other one fills up the lower portion of your display.
You can adjust the amount of screen estate assigned to each app by simply using the slider located at the intersection that divides the screen into two.
BUT PLEASE TAKE NOTE that not all apps are supported for split-screen multitasking mode on Android phones running Android 7.0 Nougat.
So depending on what apps you have installed on your phone, not a lot of them might work properly.
How to enable split-screen multitasking mode on Infinix phones running Android 8.0 and 8.1 Oreo versions
To enable split-screen multitasking mode on your Infinix phones running Android 8 Oreo versions, here’s what you should do.
- On your Infinix smartphone, press the recent apps button to give you a list of your recently opened apps in card form that are stacked on top of each other.
- At the top right-hand corner of each app’s card, you should see two buttons, the first one looks like a menu button, while the second is an “X” button that closes the app when pressed.
- Now locate the app which you want to use in split-screen mode from the list, click on the first button which I said looks like a menu button, and your device’s screen should immediately split into two, giving you room to select a second app to use together with it.
- So do as instructed, and you should have two apps, running side-by-side on your Infinix smartphone.. #Cheers.
How to enable split screen multitasking mode on Infinix phones running Android 9 Pie
To enable split-screen multitasking mode on Infinix phones running Android 9 Pie version, here’s what you should do.
- Pull down your notifications tray to reveal your quick setting toggles.
- From the quick setting toggles, locate the one that says “Multi-window“, tap on it, and your phone’s screen will be split into two as usual.
- Now from there, you can select the two apps which you want to make use of in split-screen mode.
Now that was quite easy right? Now let’s take a jab at the second method.
- So just as we did on Infinix phones running Android 8.0 and 8.1 versions, press your recent apps button to reveal the list of recently opened apps on your phone.
- On each app’s card, you should see the same buttons that we saw on android 8, Tap on the split-screen button itself. It looks like two small rectangles that are stacked on top of each other.
- Your phone’s display will be shared into halves giving you room to select the second app, and that is all.
How to enable split screen multitasking mode on Infinix phones running Android 10
To enable split-screen multitasking mode on Infinix phones running Android 10 version with preferably any of the latest versions of Infinix XOS UI, like the XOS 6 & 7 Dolphin UI, here’s what you should do.
- Open your recent apps menu by tapping on the recent apps button or using the swipe and hold gesture in case you use gesture navigation on your phone.
- On the first app which you want to use in split screen mode, locate the split screen button and tap on it. Like i said earlier, it looks a menu button, having two small rectangles that are stacked on top of each other.
- When you tap on it, your phone’s display will be shared into halves, with the first app taking up the upper third of the display, and you’ll given room to select a second app that will take up the lower third of the display.
- So do as instructed, and you should have both apps running side-by-side on your Android 10 powered Infinix smartphone.. #Cheers.
And that wraps it up on how to enable split-screen multitasking mode on your various Infinix smartphones running on various versions of Android.
Kindly let us know if this article has been helpful to you in the comments box down below, and if you found this article helpful, kindly give it a thumbs up by sharing it, and as always, I’ll see you all tomorrow. #Peace Out.