If you’ve got an Infinix Hot 9 or 10 smartphone, and you’re not a fan of hole punches on your smartphones, today I’m gonna show you a fun way that you can actually use the hole punch cutout on these phones, to act as a custom LED notification light.
Something that looks like this..
So whenever you get a new notification on your phone, say something like a new missed call, an unread message, social media notifications, etc, you’ll get this light ring, hovering over your Infinix Hot 9 and 10 hole punch cutout.
So how do we set this thing up?
Just follow the steps which will be listed down below, and in no time, you should have your own custom hole punch inspired notifications LED running on your Infinix smartphones.
And without further ado, let’s get started. #enjoy.
How to setup a custom hole punch inspired notifications LED on your Infinix Hot 9 & 10 smartphones.
Go to Google Play Store and download the AOE “Always-On Edge” app, or simply do same by tapping on the “install” button below.
After you’ve downloaded and installed it, open the app and grant it access to the necessary permissions that it will request from you.
Infinix Hot 9 & 10 LED Notification – Step Two
After you’ve done everything from the first step above, you should be taken straight to the app’s homepage, from there, tap on the first option that says “Main settings” and you should find yourself on a new page that looks this way.
While on this page, you can take your time to skim through it, while enabling and disabling each option one after the other in order to know what each setting option does.
But in a bid to save time, I’d advice that you set yours the same way they have been set for you from the screenshot above.
Make sure that your settings are saved before leaving the page, and let’s move over to the next couple of steps.
When you’ve done everything from the second steps above, go back to the app’s homepage, and this time, simply tap on the second option which is labelled as “App settings“, and you should find yourself on this page;
Once again, I’d advise you take your time to go through the page, while enabling and disabling each setting option one after the other like you did in the last steps above.
But for those who don’t have that luxury of time, you can simply do it the easy way by setting yours the exact way they’ve been set for you from the screenshots above.
Don’t forget to save your settings when done though.
Infinix Hot 9 & 10 LED Notification – Step Four
After you’ve saved your settings from the last steps above, now go back to the app’s homepage and select the third option there that says “Lighting settings“.
Now from this point onwards, things should begin to get a little bit more complicated, but a lot more personal, interesting, and creative.
Reason is because, this is the page where you’ll get to customize the shape, look, feel and behavior of your to be custom hole punch inspired notifications LED.
And first thing first, we have to carve out a shape for our notification LED, and make it align to the hole punch camera cutout on our Infinix phones;
Because you know, not all phones hole punch cutouts are created the same, some have theirs bigger than others, some are positioned to the right side of the device’s display, many to the left, like our Infinix phones in question, and many others are on the top center of the devices (many Samsung phones are sitting on this table).
So, here’s what we’re gonna do;
- First of all, make sure that the option for “Enable Edge Lighting“ is enabled. This option is located at the very top of the page. You can make use of the screenshots posted above as a reference.
- Now move further down the page and enable the option that says “Enable Notch Support” and select the option that says “Adjust Manually” from the two options made available for you to choose from.
- For “Notch Type”, select “O”. Then you can use the slider below that is labelled as “Notch Height” to adjust how big or tiny that you want the light ring to be.
- There is also a second slider at the top that is labelled as “Edges thickness“, and as you already guessed, it is used to adjust how thick or thin that you want the light ring to be.
- You can set “Curve Radius” to “0” as it doesn’t do anything at this point.
- Now keep scrolling down the page until you see a section of it that is labelled as “Notch Placement”, and make sure it is set to “Around Notch Only”, and from this point, everything should begin to make to a lot more sense to you.
Now that we have successfully carved out a shape for our custom hole punch inspired LED notification, it is time to make it align with the actual hole punch cutout on our Infinix Hot 9 and 10 smartphones.
And to do that, follow the succeeding steps that are listed below.
- To select the position of your phone’s camera hole punch cutout, you have three options to choose from, namely; “Right, Left & Center”. You should see them in this same page that you’re still in.
- If you selected “Left” which is probably what you’ll do cause that is where that of the Infinix Hot 9 and 10 are located, the light ring wouldn’t just move over to the left immediately. You will still have to adjust it so it properly aligns with the phone’s hole punch camera cutout.
- And to do so, you’ll have to make use of the slider that is labelled as “Top (set 0 if not hole)”, it is located just above those three options that lets you select the position of your phone’s hole punch cutout.
- This slider lets you move the light ring upwards or downward, and then one last slider that is unlabelled, but is located just below those same three options that lets you select the position of your phone’s hole punch camera cutout. This one lets you move the light ring left or right.
So by following all the steps listed above, you can carve out the shape for your custom hole punch inspired LED notifications light to mimic the same shape on your phone, and after that, you align them properly.
Now is the time to customize things to your taste by adding colors, effects, animations, etc. And to do so, the setting options that you’ll ever be needing are all providing for you in the app on this same page.
You can customize things such as the notification LED style using the “Edges style” setting option, the notification LED color using the “Edge color amount” setting option, the notifications LED behaviour in the form of “Lighting mode” and “Lighting effect” respectively, and finally, “Edges Speed”.
When you’ve setup everything to your taste, you can go ahead and take it for a spin by turning off your phone’s display, and trying sending a short text to it using another smartphone.
That way, you can be sure that everything is working as expected, and from that moment onwards, you now have a full working custom hole punch inspired notification LED on your Infinix Hot 9 & Hot 10 smartphone.. #cheers..
Don’t forget to give this post a thumbs up by sharing it if you enjoyed reading it, and as always, I’ll see you all tomorrow, #Peace Out…