The Tecno Camon 12 Air from last year, together with a host of other recently launched Tecno smartphones such as the Camon 15 & 15 Air, and the Camon 16 models all have one thing in common. And that is, they all come with the now normalize trendy hole punch camera cutout on their displays, in place of the regular notch cut out.
And for that reason, they are all lacking one basic thing as well. And that thing is; a native LED notifications system.
For those who don’t know, an LED notification is that tiny light that is placed at the top of most android smartphones, it blinks continuously whenever you have an unopened notification, such as an unread message, a missed call, etc.
So back to our topic and like i said, these smartphones in question, the Tecno Camon 12 Air, the 15 & 15 Air and the Camon 16 models, all come with a hole punch camera cutout, and as such, let’s just conclude that there was no space left at the top of these phones for Tecno Mobile to fit in an LED notifications.
So in situations such as this, what do we do? Simple, we create our own custom-made LED notifications system, by making use of the hole punch camera cutouts already provided on these phones..
Something that looks like this..
Cool right? So how do we get it up and running on our smartphones? Simple..
Just follow the steps which will be listed out below religiously, and in no time, you should have your own customized hole punch inspired LED notifications, running on your Tecno phone.. #enjoy..
Setting Up Tecno’s Hole Punch Inspired LED Notifications – Step 1
First thing first, we’ll have to download an app from Google Play Store, the “AOE (Always On Edge)” app.
This app was first designed with the Samsung Galaxy S10 models in mind, cause literally they were the first phones to ship with hole punch camera cutouts on their displays.
But as more smartphones kept coming with same hole punch design, the developers decided to make it universal so it can run on any android smartphone out there.
So click on the install button above, and let’s quickly move over to the next step.
After downloading the app, open it and you should have an interface that looks like this..
Select the first option which says “Main settings” and a new page should be opened to you. From this new page, make sure to select your options the same way they have been selected as shown on the image below.
If you’ve done that, tap on the “Save” button, and let’s move over to the next step.
Setting Up Tecno’s Hole Punch Inspired LED Notifications – Step 3
After saving your settings from the last step above, go back to the app’s homepage and this time, select the second option which is labelled as “App settings“, and once again, a new page should be opened to you..
This time, you can decide to pick your options same way that they are selected from the screenshots above, or if you want to go gangster, you can as well tinker with the numerous options, enabling and disabling them one after the other, to see what each does.
The options are self explanatory, and you can enable and disable any of them at will, so feel free to roam about the app, as it doesn’t cause any serious harm to your device.
When you’re done, don’t forget to tap the “Save” button, and let’s move over to the next step.
After saving your settings, go back to app’s homepage, and this time, go to the next setting option that is labelled as “Lighting Settings“, and it is from this page things begin to get really interesting and personally creative.
I used the word “Personally creative” in the sense that on this page, you get to set and customize how you want the light ring around your phone’s hole punch camera cutout to look and feel like. I mean, there is no limit to the amount of creativity that can be showcased here
But there are some basic things you have to know and rules you have to follow before you start getting creative. Things such as;
- You’d have to let the app know what type of hole punch camera design that your phone is having, and you do so by enabling the option that says “Enable Notch Support” and selecting “Adjust Manually”.
- For “Notch Type”, select “O”. Then you can use the slider below that is labelled as “Notch Height” to adjust how big or tiny that your want the camera ring light to be.
- Scroll down a bit and you should see a section of the page that is labelled as “Notch Placement”, and make sure it is set to “Around Notch Only”.
- After that, you’d still have to tell the app what position of your phone’s screen that the hole punch camera cutout is located.
- And to do so, you have three options to choose from, namely; “Right, Left & Center”. You should see them in the app.
- If you selected “Left” which is probably what you’ll do cause that is where that of the Tecno Camon 12 Air, 15 & 15 Air, and that of the Camon 16 & 16 Premier models are all located, the light ring wouldn’t just move over to the left immediately. You will still have to adjust it so it is properly aligned with the phone’s hole punch camera cutout.
- And to do so, you’ll have to make use of the slider that is labelled as “Top (set 0 if not hole)” to move the light ring upwards or downward, and then one last that is unlabelled, but is located just below those three options that lets you select the position of your hole punch camera cutout. This one lets you move the light ring left or right.
- You can decide to set “Notch Width” and “Curve Radius” both to zero as they don’t really have or show any effect at this point.
After you’ve made sure that the light ring is properly aligned to your camera hole punch cutout on your phone, and with your preferred size, now you can go ahead and start customizing things the way you want them to look and feel like.
You have the freedom to choose Edge Style, color, lighting mode, lighting effect, animations, speed, etc. So customise everything to your taste and don’t forget to save your setting after doing so.
After doing all that, when next you have a notification, you should see your custom hole punch inspired notifications light in action.
Now, aside from setting up hole punch inspired LED notifications, this app also has a handful of other features, of which my best among them is “animated wallpapers”.
The app offers a nice catalog of animated wallpapers, but you’d have to purchase the premium version of it to have access to them.
But you can still have a peek view of them before deciding if they’re worth your $$ or not. And to do so, all you have to do is go back to the app’s homescreen, and at the very top of it, you should see a button that says “Animated Wallpapers”, tap on it, and from there, you should be able to get a sneak view of all the animated wallpapers that the app has to offer.
Alright guys, that will be all for today on how to setup your own custom-made hole punch inspired notifications LED on your Tecno smartphones.
Don’t forget to give this post a thumbs up by sharing it if you enjoyed reading it, and as always, I’ll see you all tomorrow, #Peace Out.
▪ 100+ best hole punch wallpapers for Infinix S5 and Tecno Camon 12 Air smartphones.
▪ 100+ best hole punch wallpapers for Infinix Note 7, Note 7 Lite and Hot 9 smartphones.
▪ 10+ best Tecno phones that you must buy in 2020.
▪ Tecno android 10 update – Here’s why your Tecno phone wouldn’t’ be getting an android 10 update in 2020.