MTN transfer code reset – To adequately transfer or share airtime from your MTN line to another MTN line, you have to have your MTN Share N’ Sell PIN, popularly known as your transfer PIN.
Normally, when you try to use this service for the first time, MTN will require you to change the default PIN which is “0000”, to any four-digit code of your choice. And if for any reason you want to change this code at any time, MTN will require you to provide your old PIN before choosing a new one.
But before we get into this tutorial, I want you to take notice of something.
Resetting your PIN and changing it are two different things that require two different processes to achieve.
Resetting simply means you don’t remember your old PIN, and you need to reset the entire thing back to the default code, which is “0000”. While changing your PIN simply means you remember your old PIN, and just want to change it to something new.
If you don’t remember your old PIN, you can’t change it to a new one, and that is where you must reset it first, but if you remember your old PIN, then there is no need for resetting it in the first place.
So, today, we’ll be showing you, both how to reset your MTN transfer code, and how to change it to a new one. So, kindly find the category in which you fall, and follow the corresponding steps below.
Sure, then let’s begin. #enjoy.
- How to transfer or share airtime from one MTN line to another in 3 different ways.
- How to share data from your MTN line to another in 2 min.
- 3 ways you can check your MTN data balances on your phone.
How to reset your MTN transfer code to the default “0000”
Follow these steps to reset your MTN transfer code back to the default code, “0000”.
- Open the call dialer app on your phone, dial the code, *321#, and send it.
- From the list of options shown to you, select “1” for “Airtime Share”.
- On the next page, select “3” for “Forgot PIN”.
- On the next couple of pages, you’ll be asked to provide answers to some security questions like “Your mother’s maiden name”, “Date of Birth”, and “State of Origin” registered on the line.
- When you’ve provided the correct answers to these questions, your transfer PIN will be reset to the default code, “0000”.
Now that you’ve reset your PIN back to the default PIN, you can simply go ahead and change it to any four-digit code of your choice so you can begin using Share N’ Sell once again.
So, simply follow the steps below to change the default code to a custom code.
How to change the MTN default transfer PIN to any 4-digit PIN of your choice
- Simply dial this code, *321*default PIN*New PIN*NEW PIN# and send.
- Here’s an example, *321*0000*5454*5454#, and send it.
- Remember to change “5454” as used in the example above to any four-digit code of your choice.
- Once you do this and have sent it, your default transfer PIN will be changed to the new PIN that you chose.
And that’s how to reset your MTN transfer code and change the default PIN. Now, let’s see how to change the PIN, assuming you remember your old PIN, and just want to change it for whatever reason.
How to change your MTN airtime transfer code/PIN
Simply follow the steps below to change your MTN Share N’ Sell PIN anytime you like.
- Similar to changing the default PIN, open your phone’s call dialer app, dial the code, *321*Old PIN*New PIN*New PIN#, and send it.
- For instance, *321*5454*8989*8989#, and send it.
- Remember, the “5454” used here should be your old PIN, while “8989” should be the new one.
- So, once you’ve done this, your transfer PIN will be changed to the new one, and that’s it.
And this, guys, is all you need to know on how to reset your MTN transfer code, change the default code, and even change your old code or PIN to a new one.
Did you find this article helpful? If yes, then kindly give it a thumbs up by sharing it, and as always, I’ll see y’all tomorrow, #peace out!!!