In case you’re finding it difficult to turn on Airdrop on your iPhone 8 and 8 Plus smartphones, today, I’ll be showing you exactly how you can do that, and without wasting much of your time, let’s get right into it.
• How to block numbers (international & local) on your iPhones.
• How to place a call on hold on iPhones, and even merge two calls together to start a conference call.
• Do you know you can reply to messages directly from the lock screen on your iPhone? Here’s how.
How to turn on Airdrop on your iPhone 8/8 Plus smartphones
Follow these steps to turn on Airdrop on your iPhone 8 and 8 Plus smartphones.
- With your iPhone 8/8 Plus running the latest version of Apple iOS;
- Make sure that you have both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth turned on, and personal hotspot off, else, Airdrop will not work.
- Now simply go to your control center by swiping up from the bottom of your phone.
- When in there, tap and hold or 3D press on the “Connection & Networks” card till the additional setting options pop out.
- From there, tap on the “Airdrop” icon and you’ll be given three options that you can set it to, one at a time.
- Set it to “Contacts Only” if only you want to receive files from people you saved as your contacts;
- Or set it to “Everyone” if you want receive files from anyone who has Airdrop turned on their phone, whether contacts or not.
- And lastly, the “Receiving Off” option simply turns off the Airdrop feature, so only set it to this when you’re done making use it.
And that’s how you turn on Airdrop on your iPhone 8 and 8 Plus smartphones.
Now, what if you want to send and receive files using Airdrop on these said smartphones after turning the feature on?
Well, that one is pretty easy too, simply follow the steps below.
How to send and receive files using Airdrop on your iPhone 8 and 8 Plus smartphones
To send files using Airdrop, simply do the following…
- Open a file that you want to share, for example, a photo, and tap the share icon .
- From the numerous share options given to you, select “Airdrop“.
- You will be shown a list of devices and contacts who currently have Airdrop turned on their devices.
- Simply go ahead and tap the one you want to share the file to.
Receiving files via Airdrop:
- When a file is sent to you via Airdrop;
- You will get a popup on your iPhone giving you two options either to “Accept” the file, or to “Decline” it.
- Simply press accept, and the file will be downloaded on your device.
- If you’re sending a file between two devices that are connected to the same iCloud account, you won’t get the option to accept or decline the transfer as the file will be downloaded on the receiving device automatically.
And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how you can turn on Airdrop, and send and receive files using it on your iPhone 8 and 8 Plus smartphones.
Kindly let us know in the comments section below if you faced any issues while trying to set it up on your device, and if you find this post helpful, kindly give it a thumbs up by sharing it, and as always, I’ll see y’all tomorrow, #peace out.