Okay, so this question came in highly recommended, how do I reply to messages on my iPhone 7 and 7 Plus smartphones, right from the lock screen?
And today, I’m gonna show you exactly how you can do that, and I’ll also show you what you should do in case yours isn’t working, and trust me, these steps that I’m about to show you, are a lot easier than you think they are.
So, having said that, and without further ado, let’s begin. #enjoy.
How to reply to messages from the lock screen on your iPhone 7 & 7 Plus smartphones
To reply to messages from the lock screen on the iPhone 7/7 Plus, there are two ways to do that, either by using 3D Touch, or by using the swipe gesture.
- When you get a new message on your lock screen;
- Simply force press (3D touch) on the message, and your keyboard will pull up.
- Go ahead and type your reply, and afterwards, press the send button.
- From your lock screen, simply swipe left on the message.
- Tap “View“, and again, your keyboard will pull up.
- Go ahead and type your reply, and send.
And that’s basically how you can reply to messages from the lock screen on your iPhone 7 smartphones.
But, what if you don’t get the option to reply to these messages when you 3D Touch or use the swipe gesture on them?
Well, in that case, we have to make sure that a setting is turned on, and to do that, simply follow the steps below.
- Go to your iPhone’s settings menu, and go to “Touch ID & Passcode” settings option.
- From there, scroll down until you get to the “Allow Access When Locked” tab.
- Under it, you should see an option that says “Reply with Message” with an on/off button in front of it.
- It should be off when you get there, so, simply tap on the button to turn it back on, and that’s it.
So, after doing that, the next time you get a new message on your iPhone 7 & 7 Plus smartphones, you can simply follow any of the first two steps above to reply to them right your the lock screen.
And that wraps it up for today guys, kindly let us know in the comments section below if these steps worked for you, and if they did, kindly give this post a thumbs up by sharing it, and as always, I’ll see y’all tomorrow, #peace out.