If you don’t seem to know how to turn off data roaming on your iPhone 5 smartphone, well, sit back, relax, and let me teach you exactly how you can do that.
And as for those who don’t know what data roaming means, it’s simply a feature that lets you connect to a cellular data network in places where your network service provider doesn’t provide such networks.
The most common use of this is when traveling abroad or across to another country, with data roaming turned on, your phone will simply disconnect from your carrier’s network, and hop to another network so you can continue texting, making calls, and browsing just like you normally do.
But the downside is, it comes with its own extra charges, and if left on even when you leave the country and go back to your country, you might still continue getting charged for data roaming, so, it’s wise that you turn it off once you don’t need it anymore, and this is exactly what I’m about to show you now.
So, without further ado, here’s how to do so.
How to turn off data roaming on your iPhone 5
- Go to your iPhone’s settings page >> “General” settings, and tap “Cellular“.
- On iOS 7 to 10, go to settings, and tap on “Cellular“.
- From there, you should see the option that says “Data Roaming” with an on/off button in front of it.
- It is should be on when you got there, so, simply tap on the button to turn it off, and you’re done.
And that’s about how you can turn off data roaming on your iPhone 5 mobile smartphones. Kindly give this article a thumbs up by sharing it if you find it helpful, and as always, I’ll see y’all tomorrow, #peace out.
• How to turn off 3G on your iPhone 5.