If for some reason you want to delete your Reddit account, especially for users who are based in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, and Australia, well, lucky you, cause today, I’ll be showing you exactly how you can permanently delete your Reddit account on your iPhones, in just about 2 mins.
But before we begin, I want you to know that deleting your Reddit account doesn’t delete all of your posts or comments that you’ve on the platform;
So, if you want your posts and comments deleted as well, then you have to first delete those yourself, which might prove to be a very difficult task, depending on the number of posts and comments that you’ve made so far on the platform.
But, sadly, there’s no easier way to do that.
So, having said that, now let’s see how we can delete our Reddit accounts on our iPhones. #enjoy.
How to permanently delete your Reddit account on your iPhone
For some weird reason, Reddit doesn’t let you delete your account on the Reddit app, so, for this tutorial, we’re going to be making use of the web browser version of it;
So, kindly download and install any web browser of your choice, preferably the Google Chrome browser, or you can stick to the default Apple Safari browser that came with your iPhone, and let’s begin.
- Open your Google Chrome browser or Apple Safari browser on your iPhone.
- Go to Reddit’s official web page, reddit.com, and log in to your account.
- Tap the hamburger menu button at the top-right corner of your screen to open the main menu options.
- From there, tap on the “Settings” tab to expand it, then tap “Account settings“.
- From the account settings page, scroll down to the bottom of the page, and you should see a button that says “DEACTIVATE ACCOUNT“
- When you tap on this button, you’ll be required to input your Reddit username and password in a text input field that will be provided for you, and after that, go ahead and hit the “DEACTIVATE” button, and your reddit account will be permanently deactivated or deleted.
And that’s how you can delete your Reddit account using your iPhone. So, kindly tell us if you encountered any issues on your end while trying to do this, and if you find this tutorial helpful, kindly give it a thumbs up by sharing it, and as always, I’ll see y’all tomorrow, #peace out.