Today, I’ll be showing you two things. First is how to download movie subtitles of your favorite movies, and the second is how to add those subtitles when watching movies with the VLC media player on your smartphone.
So, you’re ready?
Sure, then let’s begin. #enjoy.
How to add movie subtitles to VLC media player on your smartphones
So, to begin with, we have to first download, extract, and save the subtitle files on our smartphones, and to do that, simply follow the step below.
- First of all, follow this link to see some of the best sources to download movie subtitle files for your most favorite movies.
- Subtitle files, in most cases, come in compressed “.zip” file format, so, you’ll need a zip extractor to extract the main subtitle file.
- And to do that, you’ll have to go to the Play Store and download the ZArchiver file extractor app.
- But if yours already come in a “.srt” format which is the standard format used for movie subtitle files, then you don’t need to download the ZArchiver app above.
- And as for those who don’t know how to extract files using the ZArchiver app, you can follow this link now to learn how you can do that.
Now, after you’ve downloaded, extracted, and saved the subtitle file in its .srt format to your mobile phone, then it’s time that we add it to the VLC media player.
Watch: “A Quiet Place”, now on Netflix.
Adding the subtitles to the VLC media player
First thing first, make sure that you’re using the latest version of the VLC media player on your phone. You can quickly head down to Play Store to do that in case yours isn’t, or simply tap on the image below.
When you’re done updating it, go ahead open any movie of your choice with it.
While the movie is playing, tap on your phone’s screen, and you should see some options shown to you. Go ahead and tap the icon located at the far-left bottom corner of your phone’s screen.
When you tap on the icon, more options will be shown to you, and from this new set of options, you should see the one that says “Subtitles” with a downward pointing arrow beside it.
Simply tap on the downward pointing arrow.
When you do so, even more options will be shown to you, and from there, select the one that says “Select subtitle file“.
When you do so, you’ll be taken to a file-explorer-like drop-down menu where you’ll be required to locate the place or folder on your phone where you saved the subtitle file of said movie.
Remember that this file must end with a .srt format, else, the VLC media player app won’t be able to recognize it.
So, make sure that you’ve followed the steps above on how to download, extract, and save the subtitle file properly into its .srt format before attempting this.
When you’ve found the subtitle file, simply tap on it, and once you do so, you should start seeing the movie subtitles shown on your phone’s screen as the movie is being played on the VLC player, just as shown below.
And that wraps it up for how to add movie subtitles to the VLC media player app when watching a movie on your smartphone.
If you have any questions, kindly leave them in the comments section below, and if you find this post helpful, kindly give it a thumbs up by sharing it, and as always, I’ll see y’all tomorrow, #peace out.
- The best Netflix prison movies to watch in 2022.
- Goojara: Best site to download Hollywood & Bollywood in their highest quality for free.
- FzMovies: Download Latest Hollywood and Bollywood movies.