This is a very quick tutorial on how to “remotely” lock and unlock your windows PC, by making use of your phone’s fingerprint reader.
Pretty cool something right? well then, let’s get right into it.
So first of all, here are the things or tools you’ll be needing, which we’ll be making use of for this tutorial.
- Your android smartphone with a fingerprint reader, with OS version of at least Android 6.0 Marshmallow & above.
- Any windows computer.
- And this fantastic app known as the “Remote Fingerprint Unlock” installed on both your smartphone and your PC.
And for those who don’t know, the Remote Fingerprint Unlock app is an extremely simple and straightforward forward app that does exactly what the name says.
It “remotely” unlocks your windows PC using your phone’s fingerprint reader, which means that you don’t have to make any form of physical contact with your PC, before it could be unlocked.
Alright, now let’s see how we can lock & unlock our Windows PC, by making use of our phone’s fingerprint reader.
Steps To Remotely Unlock Your PC, By Making Use Of Your Phone’s Fingerprint Sensor
- First of all, you must have the app downloaded and installed on both your android smart phone and your windows PC. You can download it for both android and windows Here and Here respectively
- After you’ve downloaded and installed them successfully, now go ahead and open the app on both platforms
- Next step is to lock your windows PC by using the “Windows + L” keys combination or simply lock it from the start menu.
- The reason why we’re locking the PC is because this is the only place where the windows app on your PC can interact with the mobile app on your smartphone, and moreover something needs to be locked before it could be unlocked right?.. So that’s it.
- Next step is to go to the app in your android phone, go to the scan menu, pull it down to refresh, and you should see your windows PC there, select it and press “Save“
- Now, go to the Accounts menu and tap “Add an account“, enter the Windows account that you want to unlock, scan your fingerprint and press “Add“.
- Next, its gonna ask you to confirm the session ID, so make sure the number matches the one shown on your computer’s screen
- Next, tap on the account name that you want to be unlocked when scanning your fingerprint.
You’re now all set! Go to the Unlock menu and scan your fingerprint. You should now see your computer unlocked.
Alright guys, so that’s it for today concerning “PC fingerprint lock”. Do show us some love by sharing this post if you enjoyed it, and as always, I’ll see you all tomorrow. #Peace Out.
• How to solve difficult math equations, using nothing but your phone’s camera.
• Turn your old laptops to full functioning touchscreen laptops, using this simple plug & play device.
• How to load airtime recharge vouchers on your smartphones, without manually dialling the figures, but by using your smartphone’s camera.