Do you, by any means, need to hide the apps on your iPhone device? There are so many reasons an iPhone user might want to hide their apps, and they include having too many unused apps on the home screen, for security purposes, for privacy purposes, and many others.
For any reason you might want to hide the apps, in this content, we will be learning how to hide apps on iPhone.
How to hide apps using the App Library
- Go to your Home Screen.
- Tap and hold the app you want to hide.
- Select “Remove App” from the pop-up menu.
- Finally, tap “Remove from Home Screen” to hide the app in your App Library.
After you hide an app, it will no longer be visible on your home screen. However, you can still find it by searching for it in the App Library. To unhide the app, just open the App Library and drag it back to your home screen.
Hiding Apps from iPhone Search
Hiding apps from your search results is a simple but effective way to do just that. This can be helpful for apps you use less frequently, apps containing sensitive information, or just for personal preference.
Here’s how to hide apps from your iPhone search results:
- Open the Settings app.
- Scroll down and tap Siri & Search.
- Scroll down and find the app you want to hide.
- Toggle off the Show App in the Search switch.
That’s it! Now, the app will no longer appear when you search for it on your iPhone.
Here are some additional things to keep in mind:
- You can repeat the process for multiple apps.
- If you change your mind and want to show the app in search again, simply toggle the Show App in Search switch back on.
- Hiding an app from search does not uninstall it from your iPhone. You can still access it from the App Library or by searching for it directly in the App Library.
By hiding apps from your search results, you can personalize your iPhone experience and maintain a little more discretion with your app usage.
Hiding Apps from Your Purchase History on iPhone
Sometimes, we buy apps that we later regret or don’t want on our purchase history. Fortunately, it’s easy to hide these apps on an iPhone. Here’s how:
- Open the App Store app on your iPhone.
- Tap the account button (your photo or initials) in the top right corner.
- Select Purchased.
- If you use Family Sharing, tap My Purchases.
- Locate the app you want to hide.
- Swipe left on the app and tap Hide.
- Tap Done.
That’s all! The app will now be hidden from your purchase history. However, it’s important to note that:
- Hiding an app doesn’t delete it: You can still access and use the app, even though it’s hidden from your purchase list.
- Hiding an app is reversible: If you change your mind later, you can unhide the app by following the same steps and tapping Unhide instead of Hide.
- Hidden apps remain hidden across devices: If you hide an app on one of your Apple devices, it will also be hidden on your other devices that are logged in with the same Apple ID.
By hiding apps from your purchase history, you can keep your list clean and organized, making it easier to find the apps you want to see.