How to send High Quality (HD) photos or pictures on WhatsApp: Despite being one of the most popular instant messaging apps on the planet, WhatsApp has always had one agelong problem, and that is the heavy compression done to photos sent via the platform, which results in very significant loss of quality of the photos when they finally arrive on the recipient’s device.
Though, there is a way to go about this problem, and that is by sending your photos as document files, but with the latest update of the app on the Google Play Store or Apple App Store brings a native fix to this problem, meaning you no longer have to send pictures as document files for them to remain in their full resolution.
What this means is that you can now comfortably send photos on the platform without the high-quality loss for as long as you choose to the HD resolution option before sending, and today, I’ll show you exactly how you can do that.
So, you’re ready?
Sure, then let’s begin, #enjoy!!!
- How to migrate WhatsApp from iPhone to Android & vice versa using the Wazzap migratory app.
- WhatsApp now lets you send video messages similar to voice messages on the platform.
How to Send High Quality Pictures or Photos on WhatsApp
Follow these steps to start sending high-quality HD pictures on WhatsApp.
- First of all, make sure you’ve upgraded your WhatsApp app to its latest version either from the Play Store or the App Store.
- Now, try sending a high-resolution photo from your phone on WhatsApp, most preferably a photo taken with your phone’s camera.
- Now, before hitting the “Send” button, you should see a new icon at the top of your phone that says “HD” like the one shown below.
- Tap on it, and from there, you’ll be given the option to choose if you want to send the photo in “Standard quality” or “High quality”.
- Simply select “High quality”, and hit send.
- That should do the trick. That way, your photos will have minimal to no compression, which should result in minimal to no quality loss on the recipient’s device.
Easy, isn’t it?
Sure, it is, and that is simply how you can now send high-quality (HD) pictures on WhatsApp.