How to Recover Deleted Photos on Windows, Mac, Android, and iPhone
Do you want to learn how to recover deleted photos on your Android, iPhone, Windows, and Mac OS devices?
Photos allow people to see happiness in frozen moments. It is those important memories that bring a smile to your face and that can never be recreated.
Nowadays, cameras have become a vital part of traveling without which a journey can never be initiated. Not only cameras, but even our mobile phones without which we do not set our foot out also capture beautiful moments. Be it any device, camera, phone, or PC, viewing photos is nothing but recreating those moments in your visual memory.
What happens if you lose such important photos? How heartbreaking is that to lose photos that you have worked hard to bring the magic out of it?
This article talks about the recovery solutions that help you to recover deleted or lost photos from various devices.
- Recover Accidentally Deleted Photos
- Recover Permanently Deleted Photos
- Recover Deleted Photos using Photo Recovery Software
How to Recover Accidentally Deleted Photos
Recovering photos from Windows or Mac computers can be easily performed using the methods explained below. Based on the operating system you use, try the recovery methods.
For Windows: Recover Deleted Photos from Recycle Bin
Whenever any files or pictures/videos are deleted accidentally, the first folder to be checked is Recycle Bin.
Note: If you have deleted files using Shift + Delete or permanently deleted photos from Windows PC, this method will not be of any use. You may skip to the next methods explained.
- On the desktop, find Recycle Bin and double-click on the icon.
- Search for the files you need to restore.
- Right-click the files you selected to recover and select Restore or you can just drag the files from Recycle Bin to any other folder you want files to be dropped.
For Mac OS: Recover Deleted Photos from Trash
Note: If you have used the RM command to delete photos from the macOS, you won’t be able to find the deleted files on Trash. RM command permanently deletes files from the system. Therefore, this method will not be helpful for you in restoring deleted photos from a Mac.
- To recover photos from Trash on mac, click on the Trash icon >> locate the photos you want to recover.
- Right-click on the selected item >> select Put Back.
- Now selected photos will be restored and saved in their original location.
For Smartphone Users:
If you deleted an item and want it back, check your trash to see if it’s there.
- On your Android phone or tablet >> open the Google Photos app Photos.
- At the bottom, tap Library and then Trash Delete.
- Now, tap and hold the photos you want to restore >> Restore.
You can find your deleted photos back on your phone’s gallery, in the Google Photos library, or in the album it was deleted from.
If you were unable to find the item in your trash, it may be permanently deleted.
For iPhone users:
If you have accidentally deleted photos from your iPhone, you no need to worry. Go to Photos >> scroll down to the Recently deleted folder. You will see all the recently deleted photos in the folder. Tap and hold the photos you want to restore and click on Restore.
How to Recover Permanently Deleted Photos
Permanently deleted photos are those that surpass Recycle Bin or Trash. If you used Shift Delete commands on Windows or RM commands on Mac to delete photos, it is likely to be permanently deleted. You would not be able to recover it using methods explained in accidentally deleted photos recovery.
Follow the methods given below to recover permanently deleted photos:
For Windows: Recover Deleted Photos from Backup
If you are keeping regular backups of the data, this method will absolutely come to your rescue of deleted photos from Windows. All you must do is-
- Go to the Search bar in taskbar >> type Control Panel >> System and Security >> Backup and Restore.
- Based on your priority of recovery, choose either to Restore my files or Restore all users’ files.
- Now, look for your deleted/lost photos by using the options Browse for files or Browse for folders.
- Select the backup that was created recently or before you lose your photos from your Windows computer. From the recent backup created, select your photos and click on Restore.
As the steps suggested, you should be having a regular backup of data to recover photos using this method. If you have no backup created, it is time to create a backup to keep your data safe in the future.
Recover Photos from Time Backup Machine
Time machine is an inbuilt tool in Mac OS to keep the backup of the data. If you have enabled the backup using Time Machine, it is likely to recover photos in a jiffy.
- Go to the folder where your photos were saved, open a Finder window in the folder
- Open the Time Machine by clicking on the clock icon on the dock.
- Now, locate the items you want to recover. Click Restore to recover the selected photos to its original location.
If none of the above methods proved helpful to you, if you have no backup to restore photos from Windows & Time Backup Machine, all you can do is recover deleted photos using an effective Photo recovery software.
For Smartphone users:
For Android users, all you must do is make use of The OneDrive Recycle Bin on Microsoft one drive. This method enables you to recover lost or deleted photos.
- After launching the OneDrive app on your device >> Select the Me folder from the navigation pane.
- Select the Recycle Bin >> Choose the photos you want to recover >> click Restore.
For iPhone users:
An iCloud backup is the easiest way to recover permanently deleted photos from iPhones.
- Go to Settings >> your name >> iCloud >> Manage Storage >> Backups on your iPhone.
- Make sure you have a valid recent backup to recover deleted photos
- Go to Settings > General > Reset and then tap Erase All Content and Settings.
- Next, on the Apps & Data screen, click on Restore from iCloud Backup.
- To perform photo recovery, Sign in with your Apple ID.
- Now, click on Choose backup >> select the iCloud backup from which you want to recover photos.
What if you have no backups and permanently deleted photos from the storage device? Be it Windows, Mac, or any camera, how would you recover the deleted photos? Here is how you get back your pictures deleted from any device using an effective tool- Remo Recover Windows.
Recover Deleted Photos from any device using Photo Recovery Software
With its advanced dual scan engine and recovery algorithm, Remo Recover 6.0 is your best choice to recover deleted/lost photos from any device.
Remo Recover can easily help you recover more than 500 plus file formats from any storage device like a hard drive, SSD, SD card, USB, etc. Download and try Remo Recover now to start recovering photos.
Steps to Recover deleted photos using Remo Recover
Download and install Remo Recover on your computer. launch the application.
- From the main screen select the drive or location from which you want to recover photos from.
- Click on Scan, with its quick scan algorithm the software scans the drive to recover all the deleted files.
- Click on Dynamic Recovery View to know what files are being recovered during the scan process.
- You can make use of the smart Tags to find your photos from any specific camera or smartphone or even any specific file type
- Once the recovery process is done, you can Preview the files you want to recover
- If you are satisfied with the recovery result, you can save the photos to your desired location on your device.
Once the process is completed, you will be able to find your recovered photos in your desired drive location.
What Makes Remo Recover 6.0 a better Data Recovery Software?
- Remo Recover has been tested rigorously tested under 1000+ scenarios such as deleted/lost or formatted, corrupt to recover data from any device.
- The ability to save files without having to wait for the scanning to complete makes it a unique data recovery software.
- A simple user interface that is very similar to Windows File Explorer makes it recovery process easy for the users
- Unlike many data recovery software, Remo Recover instantly sorts the recovered data saving you a huge amount of time.
- Supports recovery from all the cameras including Canon, Nikon, Sony, Kodak, Olympus, etc. Built for professionals with enhanced raw file recovery support
Photos & videos play a key role in everyone’s life. It brings back memories and makes us smile. If anything happens to those important files, it will not be less than any pain.
With the help of the above-mentioned methods, you will be able to recover deleted photos from any device. It is always suggested to keep the backup of your important files, if you have no backup, do not worry, you can always rely on Remo Recover to restore your important files without any hassle.