How to stop auto renewal on MTN – In less than 5 min today, I’ll be showing you the various ways you can stop or cancel data auto-renewal for various data plans and internet packages on your MTN line, and trust me, they’re way more easy than you think.
So, you’re ready?
Sure, then let’s begin. #enjoy.
How to stop auto renewal on MTN regular data plans using SMS
Follow these steps to stop the auto-renewal of regular data plans on your MTN lines using SMS.
- Open the SMS app on your phone, and type the keyword, opt-out
- Now send this text to the number, 131
- Once you do this, you’ll be opted out of auto-renewal for any regular data plan that you’re currently subscribed to on the MTN network.
So, that’s for the SMS method, now let’s see how we can do the same thing using the USSD method.
- How to migrate to the MTN BetaTalk tariff plan in 3 different ways.
- How to check your MTN data balances in three different & easy ways.
- How to get up to 1GB worth of data for ₦100 with the MTN midnight browsing plan.
- How to borrow data from MTN with the MTN XtraByte service.
How to cancel auto renewal on MTN regular data plans via the USSD method
- First of all, open the call dialer app on your phone, enter the code, *131#, and send.
- From the list of options shown to you, enter “1” for “Data Plans”.
- On the next page, enter “99” for “Next”.
- Again, on the next page, enter “10” to “Manage Data”.
- And finally, enter “3” to “Cancel Auto renewal“.
Once you do this, you’ll automatically opt-out from auto-renewals of any regular MTN data plans that you’re currently subscribed to.
So, those are how to stop auto renewal on MTN for regular data plans which basically include the daily, weekly, and monthly data subscriptions, now let’s see how we can stop the auto-renewal of special data plans on the MTN network, specifically the MTN social bundles.
So, you’re ready?
Sure, and once again, let’s begin.
How to stop auto renewal on MTN GoodyBag Social Bundles
Below is a table containing the various codes to stop auto-renewal for the various MTN GoodyBag Social Bundles.
|MTN GoodyBag Social Bundles||Codes to Stop Auto Renewal|
|Daily||Text "STOPWAD" to 131|
|Weekly||Text "STOPWAW" to 131|
|Monthly||Text "STOPWAM" to 131|
|Daily||Text "STOPFBD" to 131|
|Weekly||Text "STOPFBW" to 131|
|Monthly||Text "STOPFBM" to 131|
|Daily||Text "STOPINSD" to 131|
|3-day Plan||Text "NOIGD" to 131|
|Daily||Text "NOTBD" to 131|
|Weekly||Text "NOTBW" to 131|
All Social Bundles (WhatsApp, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, WeChat, etc.).
|Daily||Text "NOASD" to 131|
|Weekly||Text "NOASW" to 131|
|Monthly||Text "NOASM" to 131|
YouTube, Instagram, & TikTok only.
|Daily||Text "NOYIB" to 131|
WhatsApp & Facebook Bundles (BetaTalk customers only).
|Daily||Text "NOWFD" to 131|
|Weekly||Text "NOWFW" to 131|
|Monthly||Text "NOWFM" to 131|
Social Mega Bundles
|3-day Plan||Text "NOSMD" to 131|
|Weekly||Text "NOSMW" to 131|
And there you have it guys, how to stop auto renewal on MTN both for the regular data plans as well as the GoodyBag social data plans.
If you have any questions, kindly leave them in the comments below, & if you find this post helpful, then kindly give it a thumbs up by sharing it, & as always, I’ll see y’all tomorrow, #peace out.