As we all know, this Gesture Mode Navigation thing all started with the release of Apple’s iPhone X, and after that, Google took it as a responsibility upon themselves to include it with the release of Android 9 Pie, and since then, every other smart phone OEM out there have been tinkering around with it, so much that we now have quite a lot of different implementations of gesture navigation on different android smart phones. For example, the way it is implemented on OnePlus phones is not the same it is used on Samsung phones, or Huawei and even Xiaomi phones.
Although people have come to love it because it seemed like a fun way a move about in your smart phone, you know you can just swipe to go back, maybe a longer swipe to go home and all that, so it is pretty addictive right?. But one sad news is, for most people to enjoy this thing, your android smart phone must be running on the latest version of android, which in this case is the android 9.0 Pie. But what we’re gonna be doing today is pretty simple.
Today we’re gonna be showing you how to setup and make use of the new gesture mode navigation on any version of android smart phone that you’re making use of right now. So without further ado, well then let’s get right into it.
Steps to enable gesture mode navigation on any android smart phone in just 2mins
- First of all, download the “Full Screen Gesture” app either from Google Play store, or by clicking the Install button below.
- After the app has been successfully downloaded, open it up, press “allow” for the necessary permissions, and then you can set it up for however you want it to be.
- The app allows you to use swipe gesture navigation either from both the left and right sides of your phone’s display, or the bottom, or you can even decide to go gangster by using the three at once.
- It has support for both short swipes and long swipes, and you can even set it to open up an app instead, or do some other actions or perform a different task entirely instead of just going to home, back and opening recent apps alone.
- For example, i can use a short swipe from the left to go back, while a long swipe does something like opening my Facebook app, or even increasing or reducing my volume, pretty cool right?.
So in conclusion, i will say, though there are quite a few apps right there in Google Play Store that does this same gesture navigation thing, but to be honest here, this is the very first one and as well the only one that i have tried so far, and it just works so fluid like it was built together with my smart phone.
My phone is an Infinix Zero 4 smart phone and it runs on “Android 7.0 Nougat“, but i used this app with zero issues in terms of compatibility. Though there still quite a few extra features in it that requires that your phone should be running on at least android M, or N and even P, but for the main and basic features, it doesn’t require that your phone should be running or working on a particular version of android, which is a good thing if you’d ask me.
So as i said, even though i haven’t tried other gesture navigation apps out there in Google Play Store, i still think this is best out there, like i just fell in love with it with the very first installment, and for another, the UI is very simple, intuitive and easy to move around in. There’s absolutely nothing complex about it, just download and install, allow the permissions, set it to your preferences, and you’re good to go.
But if for any reason you still want to get your hands pretty dirty on a similar app out there in Google Play Store, then I’ll recommend the “Fluid Navigation Gesture” app. though I’ve not downloaded it, neither have i made use of it, but from the ratings and positive reviews so far, i think it’s gonna be another amazing gesture navigation app as well, if possible even better than this present one, but i don’t want to believe so.
Alright everyone, so that’s all for today, let us know what your thoughts are in the comments section below, please support us by subscribing to our newsletter for free and sharing this article, it’s not gonna cost you anything, and as always, I’ll see you all tomorrow.. #Peace Out
Share It If You Liked It, Subscribe To Our Newsletter For Free