Split screen multitasking is nothing new, as it was introduced on android smartphones since the days of Android 7.0 Nougat.
And since then, Google has been working tirelessly on more ways to make its use on android smartphones to be as seamless as possible, with almost every new android version update coming with new ways to enable and disable this feature.
So today, we’re quickly gonna be showing you how to enable the split screen multitasking mode on your Infinix smartphones, starting from Infinix phones running the said Android 7.0 Nougat, then we’re gonna be doing for the 8.0 & 8.1 Oreo versions as well, and then the Pie, and finally, android’s latest version, which is android 10.
So without further ado, let’s get started… #Cheers..
But before we do that, here is a list of eligible Infinix smartphones that can do the split screen multitasking mode, so you’ll get the glimpse of the smartphones that we’re talking about.
List of Infinix smartphones that can do split screen multitasking.
- Infinix Zero 4 and Zero 4 Plus.
- Infinix Zero 5 and Zero 5 Pro.
- Infinix Zero 6 and Zero 6 Pro.
- Infinix Note 4 and Note 4 Pro.
- Infinix Note 5 and Note 5 Stylus.
- Infinix Note 6.
- Infinix Note 7 and Note 7 Lite.
- Infinix Note 8 and Note 8i.
- Infinix S2.
- Infinix Hot S3.
- Infinix S3X.
- Infinix S4.
- Infinix S5 and S5 Lite.
- Infinix S5 Pro.
- Infinix Hot 5 and Hot 5 Lite.
- Infinix Hot 6 and Hot 6 Pro.
- Infinix Hot 6X.
- Infinix Hot 7 Pro.
- Infinix Hot 8 and Hot 8 Lite.
- Infinix Hot 9 and Hot 9 Play.
- Infinix Hot 10 and Hot 10 Lite.
- Infinix Smart.
- Infinix Smart 2, Smart 2 Pro and Smart 2 HD.
- Infinix Smart 3 Plus.
- Infinix Smart 4.
- Infinix Smart 5.
Alright, now let’s get into the article proper..
How to enable split screen multitasking mode on Infinix phones running Android 7.0 Nougat + XOS 2.0 Chameleon
To enable split screen multitasking mode on your Infinix phone running Android 7.0 Nougat, here’s what you should do.
- First of all, open the first app that you want to make use of for the split screen multitasking stuff.
- While the app is open and running, long-press on your recent apps button, and the first app which you already opened will be shrinked and shifted to the upper part of your phone’s display, while giving you room to open a second app at the lower side of the display.
- So select a second app from your recent app lists, or from your phone’s app drawer, and that is it.
The two apps will be running simultaneously on your phone, with one taking the upper third of your display, and the other taking up the lower third.
And take note that you can also adjust the amount of screen space for each app. Like if you want any of the apps to take a bigger part of your display, there’s a slider that helps you do that, and vice versa.
But please take note again, that on smartphones running Android Nougat, the split screen mode doesn’t support all apps, it does support mostly Google’s native apps, so you might get instances where it will prompt you that an app you wish to use for it is not currently supported for split screen multitasking mode.
And that’s all about that for Infinix smartphones running on android 7.0 Nougat + XOS 2 Chameleon version. Now let’s move over to the next version of android.
How to enable split screen multitasking mode on Infinix phones running Android 8.0 and 8.1 Oreo versions
If you’re using any of the above listed Infinix smartphones running android 8.0 or 8.1 Oreo versions, with preferably XOS 3 Hummingbird skin on top, there are actually two ways in which you can enable split screen multitasking mode on your smartphone.
The first one is by following the steps above for enabling same feature on Android 7.0 Nougat phones, while the second one are the steps listed below.
So here’s the second steps for enabling split screen mode multitasking on your Infinix smartphones running Android 8.0 and 8.1 Oreo versions.
- On your Infinix smartphone, press your recent apps button to give you a list of your recently opened apps in cards form that are stacked on top of each other.
- At the top right hand corner of each app’s card, you should see two buttons, the first one looks like a menu button, while the second is an “X” that represents closing the app.
- Now locate the app which you want to use in split screen mode from your recent apps list, and click on the first button which i said looks like a menu button, and your device’s screen should immediately split into two, giving you the room to select a second app to use together with it.
- So do as instructed, and you should have two apps, running side-by-side on your Infinix smartphone.. #Cheers.
How to enable split screen multitasking mode on Infinix phones running Android 9 Pie
On Infinix phones running Android 9 Pie with either XOS 4.0 Honeybee or 5.0 Cheetah UI, there are two ways to enable split screen mode on them, with the first one being the easiest, and the other one, being maybe not so easy as the first one.
So here’s the first method.
- On your Infinix phone, pull down your notifications tray to reveal your quick setting toggles.
- From your quick setting toggles, locate the one that says “Multi-window”, tap on it, and your phone’s screen will be split into two as usual.
- Now from there, you can select the two apps which you want to make use of in split screen mode.
That was easy right? Now let’s take a look at the second method.
- So just as we did on Infinix phones running Android 8.0 and 8.1 versions, press your recent apps button to reveal your list of recently opened apps.
- On each app’s card, you should see the same buttons that we saw on android 8, the split screen button itself that looks like two small rectangles that are stacked on top of each other, and a close button.
- Tap on the split screen button for the first app which you want to use in split screen mode.
- Your phone’s display will be shared into halves giving you room to select the second app, and that is all.
But please take note that it is not on all your recently opened app cards that you will see the split screen button on, as some third party apps aren’t supported.
So if you don’t see the split screen button on a particular app card from your recent apps menu, just know that, that app isn’t currently supported for the feature.. #Cheers.
Now to the final part..
How to enable split screen multitasking mode on Infinix phones running Android 10
so if you’re lucky enough to be using any of the new Infinix smartphones that are running Android 10 software out of the box, coupled with the new XOS 6 Dolphin UI, then here’s how to enable split screen mode on your smartphone.
- Open your recent apps menu.
- On the first app which you want to use in split screen mode, locate the split screen button and tap on it. Like i said earlier, it looks a menu button, having two small rectangles that are stacked on top of each other.
- So tap on the split screen button, and your phone’s display should be shared into halves, with the first app taking up the upper third of the display, and you’ll given room to select a second app that will take up the lower third of the display.
- So as instructed, select your second app, and you should have both apps running side-by-side on your Android 10 enabled Infinix smartphone.. #Cheers.
Alright guys, so that’s how to enable android’s split screen multitasking mode on the various versions of your Infinix smartphones, don’t forget to give this post a thumbs up by sharing it if you enjoyed reading it, and as always, I’ll see you all tomorrow, #Peace Out..
◉ Infinix XOS 6 Dolphin UI (Based on Android 10™) review – Everything you need to know.
◉ Infinix S5 Pro tips and tricks for new and old users of Infinix smartphones.
◉ How to enable dark mode on any Infinix smartphone in just 2 Mins.