So, it is no longer news that Infinix has officially sent out Android 8.1 Oreo update to all its infinix Note 4 users all around the world, via OTA (Over The Air), but in case you don’t know, you can see it here… 👇
But i keep getting these tons of messages in my inbox everyday, of people asking me questions like, how can they update their infinix Note 4 devices to the latest android 8.1 oreo version.
So in order to answer those tons of regular questions, i decided to write this post today, so that i can give a very well detailed and satisfying answer to everyone’s question, at once. So join me today, here and now, and let us see how we can all update our infinix note 4 X572 smart phones, to the latest Android 8.1 Oreo version. #Enjoy…
Now before we move ahead, let me take my time in listing out the features and new stuffs that you will all be getting when you update your device to the new android oreo version
- You will be getting the new android version, the android 8.1 oreo.
- You will as well be getting the latest XOS 3.2 Hummingbird version.
- A new notifications message board.
- A new “Eye Protection” icon has been added to the notifications quick toggle (to give you a warmer display during the night, to avoid eye strain).
- A new PIP (Picture In Picture) mode.
- Added Duo Video Call.
So those listed above are the major additions you will be getting when you upgrade to Oreo, there are also a ton of optimizations which are included, but are not listed here.
Now let us move to the next step, which is getting ready to update your device.
There are some things and precautions you must take prior to the time of updating your device, if not, your device might end up not being able to be updated, or might be caught in a boot loop (a boot loop is a situation where your device is not able to turn on. When you press the power button, it just keeps showing you the Infinix logo or the XOS logo, without booting to the home screen). Here are some photo comments of some people who have landed themselves in similar situations..
So in other to avoid getting yourselves into situations like those up there, here are a few things you must put in place before attempting to update your device.
Things To Put In Place and Precautions To Take Before Attempting To Update Your Infinix Note 4 To Android 8.1 Oreo
- Make sure your device is not rooted before updating it. Rooted devices always come into conflict with the updating package, which always leads to situations like those above. So please make sure you unroot your device before attempting the update.
- Make sure your device is not running on any custom rom or firmware, before trying to update. The update is based on Infinix’s own rom and firmware, and any failure for the update file to find and recognise the firmware, leads to errors like that.
- Make sure your device is fully charge or at least, have a charge percent of above 60%. More preferably, plug it to a power source during the update to avoid your phone going off, which means abruptly interrupting the update process, which might lead to some fatal errors when you turn it back on.
So if you’re ready for the update, and have taken all those stuffs listed above into considerations and have gotten them into place. The next step is to download the update file that was sent to you via OTA. (But Take Note, that it is not everyone who is using the infinix note 4 smart phone that can update to the android oreo version, only those who have received an update notification can do this. But if you are yet to receive a notification, please do not panick, as yours will arrive maybe sooner or later, the update might take a little time to get round to everyone, so there’s really no cause for alarm).. and once again.. #Cheers
So all you have to do right now is, go to your device system settings, select about device, tap on system update, give it some seconds to refresh, and you will see the option to download the Android 8.1 Oreo file. (Settings >> About Phone >> System Update)
The file is roughly 1.8GB(s) in size, so you should make sure you have enough storage space left in your device, and you also have enough data to download it, or be connected to a wireless network.
After downloading, click “Install“, and in a matter of minutes, you device will be updated automatically. It is normal for your device to take a little bit longer than usual to finish booting after the update, and you shouldn’t encounter any problems if you have strictly adhered to the steps listed above.
After downloading, installing, and booting up, you can go to your device settings page to see your new android 8.1 oreo version, plus the new XOS 3.2 Hummingbird UI.
So that is it guys, enjoy your android Oreo versions on your devices and feel free to tell us how your experience has been with it so far. Also let us know if you encountered any problems while or after updating your device, we will try our possible best to suggest a reliable solution.
We will also be doing a complete review on this topic, so please make sure to subscribe to our newsletter, so that you will not be left out when we drop it. And don’t forget to share this article if you like it.
• List Of Android Phones That Will Be Getting Android Oreo Update In 2018
• Full List of Infinix phones that will be getting Android 9.0 Pie Update in 2018 and 2019
• Android 9.0 Pie Beta Update is now available for the Infinix Note 5 and Note 5 Stylus, Here’s how to update your phone to it.
• Infinix Latest XOS 4.0 Honeybee UI has been announced, here are some reasons why everyone is excited about it.
• The Upcoming Infinix Zero 6 expected specifications, features and price.