Just as we’ve seen from past experiences, WhatsApp has once again, decided to end support for more Blackberry devices running on Blackberry 10 OS and Windows Phones running Windows 8.0 version and below, according to Blackberry Support Page and WhatsApp FAQ Page.
I don’t know this thingy that WhatsApp has with Blackberry devices, but i think that WhatsApp has naturally grown into hating Blackberry devices.
The world’s most popular messaging app has once again decided to do a routine check in it’s list of devices and by doing so, they’ve decided to shutdown operation on more blackberry devices and this time that targeting the blackberry 10 devices, such as the Blackberry Q series and the Z series, and Windows Phones running on version 8.0.
Support for Windows 7.0, Android 2.1 and 2.2 Froyo, and iOS 6 were shut down last year 2016, and this is a list of devices that wouldn’t be supporting WhatsApp in the near future..
- Nokia Symbian s60 will be ending support on June 30 2018.
- Nokia Symbian s40 will be terminating their support on December 31 2018
- While Android 2.3.7 and older versions will go on until February 1 2020.
So Blackberry 10 and Windows Phone 8.0 owners, get ready for the next big thing. I think this is a best time to consider upgrading to an Android device, at least an Android 5.0 Lollipop device wouldn’t be a bad idea at all.
So guys, that is it for now, sorry to those who are currently being affected by this new development from WhatsApp.
Tell us your thoughts in the comments box below and also share this article and subscribe to our newsletter
Share It If You Liked It, Subscribe To Our Newsletter
People Who Read This Also Read
- Try These Recommended 15 Really Cool WhatsApp Tricks Today, And Get Creative While Using WhatsApp
- WhatsApp Business Android App Review and Quick Walk Through
- 7 Reasons Why I Uninstalled WhatsApp From My Device